• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, It's gone.

KsM715

I sold the M715 today. Thats the truck that started the OD addiction for me. I wanted it because it was a "JEEP Thing" and little did I know what it was going to do to me. I got so deep into aquiring OD green stuff that I never got a chance to work on it like I should have. Now that its gone I'm going to start cleaning out the shelter and get some more stuff sold off.

I'm torn between changing my avatar or not. Haven't changed it since day one but now that truck belongs to someone else.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold mine last year. It also was the start of the OD infection.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold off ALL my trucks past couple years. Hasn't stopped me from being here, I am looking forward to having newer trucks in the future. It's a sad day when the first truck leaves, but think of the love you have for other trucks you own now, and will own in the future!

zout

Vote to keep your avatar.

It is far better to have dreamed a dream and partaked in it - than to have a dream and only sit back and bitch and bitch and never have ventured to get your dream.

Wether you succeeded or failed when you had it is not the poiint and almost all of us know that feeling.

A lot of folks wish and wish and never get off their arse to do anything about it - those that do step out and challenge themselves is a major step.

So personally - keep the avatar.

zout

Now that was funny rofl

I was just about to change my avatar as well before you went and kicked me to the ground :whistle:

(keep your avatar) maybe you can color shop it to make it OD to keep folks here happy

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad day at my LZ today also. My FIRST OD gal left today. A guy from Orlando came by and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I keep trying to tell myself that it just gives me some money to spend on my next project. Guess it's true.....you never forget your first :cry:

Attachments

Last edited:

rickf

I'll Bet you sold it to a guy from the g838, guy named Matt? I know he was looking at one in Kansas.

Rick

Then again, Matt doesn't have long hair? Maybe not then. Kansas must have a bunch of 715 for sale.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad day at my LZ today also. My FIRST OD gal left today. A guy from Orlando came by and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I keep trying to tell myself that it just gives me some money to spend on my next project. Guess it's true.....you never forget your first :cry:
Oh wow, I didn't see that coming. One of my favorite deuces ever.

Danger Ranger

Sorry to see them go.

I say change the avatar. Sometimes things just need to change together. You still have the pics, and the memories, and other trucks. So change the avatar to the M818...

KsM715

I'll Bet you sold it to a guy from the g838, guy named Matt? I know he was looking at one in Kansas.

Rick

Then again, Matt doesn't have long hair? Maybe not then. Kansas must have a bunch of 715 for sale.
Nope, He is a somewhat local guy, about an hour south of me. Contacted me in early summer and asked if he could put a deposit on it till late summer, I honestly thought it would be sold before then so I said no deal. Well contacted him to see if he was still interested. Turns out he was. The guy in the pic was not the buyer, just a helper he brought with him.
Sorry to see them go.

I say change the avatar. Sometimes things just need to change together. You still have the pics, and the memories, and other trucks. So change the avatar to the M818...

The 818 will be for sale shortly, I'm not getting out of MV's all together, I'm keeping a 101 trailer. They're just way to usefull. I just need to liquidate a little.

biggestc69

Jeff, again I thank you for shooting me that email. I've been on the fence about it all summer. And you represented it perfectly and for those that are reading this and thinking about buying his 818 from him, he's a good guy to deal with. Its an awesome machine in good shape and I promise you she'll get back on the road and taken care of. As far as your aviatar if I were you I'd leave it be. Nothing wrong with keeping a pic up of what got you into the hobby.

KsM715

The M818 has sat since last fall. With some fresh batts, I pumped the primer handle quite a bit and a little shot of starter fluid (shot from the drivers seat no less) and she came to life.

I suspect it has some air leak issues do to me removing one tank and removing the spider valve but otherwise idled fine. I forgot what it waslike to be behind the wheel of a big 5ton. I'm really gonna hate to see this one leave.

B-69 I trust you made it home safe with the truck? I had 3 e-mails this weekend asking if I still had the truck. I think it was fate for me to e-mail you and see if you were still interested.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been on the fence about selling my M715. I love the truck but it don't seem like I get time to drive it very often anymore. I'll fire it up for the local vet day parade (I believe last vet day parade was the last time I drove it).

I was using it for my second vehicle to use around the farm and trips to town but since I picked up a cj5 I've parked it. As I said, I love the M715 but the cj5 is just more handy being more nimble around the farm and faster speeds out on the road. It will haul a bunch more than the cj5 though.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like 715s and 725s are "gateway" trucks. How many of us started on the "Zone" and migrated over here?! I'm keeping the 725, just slow to get her going again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks