• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went pretty FAST today.

Knucklehead

The 465 in my M52A2 has a knock in the lower end and I am going to swap it out this week with a rebuilt one. I was wondering how fast I could get her up to, so I conducted a test. I pulled the air cleaner element, mixed 50/50 diesel/gasoline and upped the pump a tad. Took her out on a long stretch that has some low rolling hills and little traffic and mashed my foot down. Now remember I do not care about the engine in her! The speed built up quickly and so did the RPMs. At 3500 RPM I was doing 68 mph, my chase truck clocked the speed. The engine was extremely smooth and maintained power and no untoward problems were encountered. I ran at that speed for about two and a half minutes. When I got her home there was no increase in rod noise or any other noises noted. MULTIFUEL RULES!!!!!!
I also named the truck Kerri. Kerri was my daughters best freind who we lost to leukemia at age 11. Her favorite color was blue, that is the main reason I am keeping the truck blue, my tribute to a brave girl.
Sorry no pictures as I was kinda busy at the time. :D :D :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks