• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Went pretty FAST today.

Knucklehead

The 465 in my M52A2 has a knock in the lower end and I am going to swap it out this week with a rebuilt one. I was wondering how fast I could get her up to, so I conducted a test. I pulled the air cleaner element, mixed 50/50 diesel/gasoline and upped the pump a tad. Took her out on a long stretch that has some low rolling hills and little traffic and mashed my foot down. Now remember I do not care about the engine in her! The speed built up quickly and so did the RPMs. At 3500 RPM I was doing 68 mph, my chase truck clocked the speed. The engine was extremely smooth and maintained power and no untoward problems were encountered. I ran at that speed for about two and a half minutes. When I got her home there was no increase in rod noise or any other noises noted. MULTIFUEL RULES!!!!!!
I also named the truck Kerri. Kerri was my daughters best freind who we lost to leukemia at age 11. Her favorite color was blue, that is the main reason I am keeping the truck blue, my tribute to a brave girl.
Sorry no pictures as I was kinda busy at the time. :D :D :D