• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We're Baaaaaack!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was also able to figure out that I no longer have a need for any deuces. Going to concentrate on the CUCVs

We simply can't allow that. You're like the deuce whisperer!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geez, we can't have this happen again. I had the shakes, was seeing things, tried about a hundred and one ways to get into the site. I got so bad, that I went to sleep early!! Fought the urge to call Ferro, as I am sure he was having withdrawal symptoms also..........:cookoo::mrgreen::jumpin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris could always move it to a VMware ESXi 6 server environment with two servers coupled with VMotion. He could even move it into the cloud and get 99.9999% uptime but I think it would no longer be a free site and memberships would a darn sight more expensive than what they are now.

;-)

Good job getting the site working again. Been there, done that and have scars to prove it.

To the team, :beer::beer::beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this mean the M108 is for sale????
It will be the last to go. I need to make sure all of these canned engines are gone before it can go. I also need to be able to scrap my M109 body and load the S280 when it leaves. So in short, eventually it will make it to the classifieds.

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lesson learned

We sure learn how much we need or want something once we lose it. We could all say "thank you" more often.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Help
I was able to put two of my vechicles for sale, but know I'm unable to put Parts for sale, it says page not found when I submit thread
I just placed test ads in every single classified section. And others have already started replying to them. Can you try again?

Blueduce

I started to reach for the ammo and the bug out bag. I'm just as glad to see SS back up and running again as much as the next man. But this "SNAFU" brings up some real concerns for me.

I think we should look at the big picture here. We now know how easy it is for all of us to lose contact with each other. A broken fan, Zombies, Solar flares etc. I know it's all in good clean fun but I think we have the potential for some serious communication loss.

We know now what the problem is or could be. My question is do we have a solution, a plan "B". What if this where a real emergency. How would we communicate with each other? I consider you fellas as like minded brothers. People I could count on in an emergency. If there was ever a real state wide or global emergency and our beloved site was dead lined what would we do.

I'm talking about some type of "alert roster." You old GI's know where I'm going with this. This site is like a giant MV club or military Battalion. Heck we have the ranks attached to our avatars. What can we do to make this happen? To assign regional contact numbers, CB channels for SS members etc. What are your thoughts?

I started to reach for the ammo and the bug out bag. I'm just as glad to see SS back up and running again as much as the next man. But this "SNAFU" brings up some real concerns for me.

I think we should look at the big picture here. We now know how easy it is for all of us to lose contact with each other. A broken fan, Zombies, Solar flares etc. I know it's all in good clean fun but I think we have the potential for some serious communication loss.

We know now what the problem is or could be. My question is do we have a solution, a plan "B". What if this where a real emergency. How would we communicate with each other? I consider you fellas as like minded brothers. People I could count on in an emergency. If there was ever a real state wide or global emergency and our beloved site was dead lined what would we do.

I'm talking about some type of "alert roster." You old GI's know where I'm going with this. This site is like a giant MV club or military Battalion. Heck we have the ranks attached to our avatars. What can we do to make this happen? To assign regional contact numbers, CB channels for SS members etc. What are your thoughts?
:ditto:

jaxsof

And when it went down I received an email that reminded me of the ones we received a month or so ago. Was disturbing...

Seems funny though, some of were able to post yesterday, while others of us werent able to get on until this evening.0

Oh, and it appears we lost the Elvis avatar!

M1031CMT

And when it went down I received an email that reminded me of the ones we received a month or so ago. Was disturbing...
A few of us did. That is why I thought the site had been hacked.

Glad that wasn't the case. But I never thought a fan on a server would cause a software crash like that.

jaxsof

I used to be involved in network security. There are ways to take a fan out of service through software. The e-mssg only went to the address i use here, none of the others. Someone may want to take a look at the servers bios, maybe re-flashing it to a known good version.