• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what 6 x 6 is this?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is a Dodge from WWII. Sub-2.5 ton. Give me a sec.

EDIT: WC62

A

A/C Cages

Yeah, but what is that in front of the bumper? 3 cans in a box with lids?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the COMBAT rims are worth three times what the truck is worth, also a wc62 is a 1 1/2 ton

Last edited:

magneticanomaly

Thank you, Clinto and Ron!!

The cans seem to be explosion-proof switches..it's a scrapyard.

About the truck, it would be my first mil-vehicle. It has the dual-driveshaft arrangement in the rear, transfer case separate from transmission. I suppose that would make it easier to add an aux trans fro overdrive, if the axles are very slow Has a nice heavy steel bed, which I would perhaps want to convert to dump. I would look to replace the flathead 6 gas engine, with Diesel straight-6 or 4. I love the camelback rear suspension...but lateral stability lookls poor, springs just ride loose in slippers on both rears,and I saw no Panhard rods.

Although I live in a forest of "junk", I am not a collector, I would want to use it as a general drive-around truck on and off the farm, you know, to go to the scrap-yard to buy MORE junk.

Any info about capacity, speeds, maintenance issues, or general usability of these ---WC-62's-- would be much appreciated, before I buy myself a collossal project. Does anybody know what it should weigh?

Glad I found this site, and thanks again!

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look inside the cab? On the dash, there should be data plates that will have the truck model number and it's weight.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it has six lug nuts - that makes it a 2 1/2 Ton....:-?
You may want to consider a visit to the optometrist.

I see 5 lug nuts on each of the wheels shown in the pictures.

L1A1

I found it at nearby scrapyard. I want it. Can any of you guys tell me what it is?

will try to post pictures on edit
It is a WWII Dodge WC62 (WC63s had a winch) 1.5 ton truck (Weapons carrier). They were built from 1943 to 1945 with a production total of less then 50k (think it was around 43,ooo units?) trucks. One of those was my first MV...
Matt

Tire size is 9:00X16 on 5 lug rims. Engine was a 230 CI 6 cyl. gas engine T223. Tranny was 4 sp and the transfercase was a 2 sp detatched unit.

Last edited:

L1A1

It's basically a WC52 with an extra axle... Just a six wheel drive Power Wagon.
Yes that is (almost) exactly what it was. In 1943 the Military needed more 1.5 ton trucks and ordered/asked Dodge to produce one. They took their 3/4 ton WC51/WC52 weapons carrier, lengthend the frame added an extra axle and a two speed transfercase. The cab on that truck is identical to the one that was on my WC51. Aside from being rather "doggy" in their preformance, the big Dodges were also known for their nice ride due to their long wheel base. When I still had mine, I met an IDF Vet who drove a WC62 in the six day war. Was an interesting conversation.

Matt

TGP (IL)

As Stated it's Dodge WW2 WC 62 with a home made cab or something grafted on.
If the chassis is solid there worth some value .
And the Combat wheels are, well, name your price.
TGP

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks