• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What a Deuce is made for, Especially a bobbed one.

tiger422

Good job.

Mud bogs in the south are a multimillion $ business. Check out U tube search TCR Cracker fest and Redneck yacht club I know the cracker fest had 40 to 50 thousand people at 20.00 to 30.00 a head to get in.
Jim

trudsmtuner

whoa on the flaming wars. I'm just a Good ol' boy :). I love all kinds of trucks stock modded bobbed lifted lowered all kinds. People love this truck mostly the older guy from vietnam telling stories about how they hooked the drivelines together to cross rivers and how buddies did this or that or at what base.

I just took it to have some fun, actually it did way better than i figured it would, for being super heavy and the 14.00 tread design at 50 psi. Not locked either, I drove it there played a little, then drove home.

Next on the agenda is for the purists, and put it in the fourth of july parade. so I'm not planning on abusing it everyday. [thumbzup]

anywho, not alot of vids on youtube of actually climbing on a deuce and really beating around. other than the one on youtube where they jump it, YIKES.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy in MO, "showmemudders" that (aside from cutting up trucks for the axles to put under pickup trucks) has a few deuces that can take on the mud. He seems to be popular with the mudding crowd.

I will never mud my truck like that intentionally as it is one way to start breaking things. And then there is the cleanup and possible axle maintenance expenses etc. It's not my sport, although I would watch it in person for amusement. That activity is reserved for emergencies.

I am surprised it got stuck, but then, probably was a good hole..

frodobaggins

I know, if someone doesn't agree with, or fully understand the draw to do, something they MUST be jealous... right?

Being that I have lived in the south, (GA, SC, AL and LA) I can assure you of one thing; I am not jealous of the south in any way, shape, or form. But to imply I am, only enforces the two biggest issues I have with southern culture; The ignorance of some and the arrogance of others.

This of course is my personal opinion, and am sure some would disagree. With that said, do what you enjoy, just don't expect ALL to have the same opinion. 2cents
I think you need to have your humor detector looked at as well as quit generalizing about large groups of people. ;)

Bobbed4x4

Banned
I appreciate the posters intent here. What I don't appreciate is the people bashing him for his choice of what to do with his vehicle. I though we lived in a free country where originality, invention and individualism is what set us apart. You deuce "purists" have to put in your bias opinions at every chance you get. Well guess what, if you don't like our bobbers, shut up and move on... in fact, no one is forcing you to come in to the modification and hot rodding thread. Bobbers have their advantages, as do the uncut ones. Heck, I'm new here and scared to death about what I post about because of the search nazis and bobber bashers.... If it's not that, it's something else... if you can't respect the fact that someone might have a different idea than you, maybe you need to step back and realize what this country is SUPPOSED to be like......... so disappointed in the human race lately.

Corprin

I think you need to have your humor detector looked at as well as quit generalizing about large groups of people. ;)
My humor detector is quite functional, PMCS'd it yesterday... need to replace "motor-pool Monday" with something.

As for generalizing about large groups of people, I'd hate to tell you this, but I am not. I never, nor will ever, make the generalization that ALL southerners are disagreeable. I simply stated the two things I didn't like about the culture was;

a: the ignorance of some - Let's take the KKK for a example

and

b: the arrogance of others - The insipid attitude, held by some, that the South is the greatest part of the country, and anyone who doesn't live there truly wishes they were in the south. While it is healthy to be proud of where you hail from, it is just plan arrogant to assume that everyone agrees with your opinions, and wants to be just like you. I lived in the south for a number of years, and while there are advantages to the region, in my opinion, there are many more disadvantages, thus my choice to leave when I had an opportunity.

Take this as a flame, or me trying to insult those below the Mason Dixon line, but it is not. If this is what you love, by all means do it... just don't take to heart when someone disagrees.

As for the mud-bogging, there are people here in southern Canada... errr Minnesota who enjoy it, my neighbor and all his friends for example. It is pathetic to me that these kids (17-21) live in suburban America and proudly fly their rebel flags off the back of their trucks.... yet take their Mong girlfriend to Prom ;) Ignorance annoys me.

Last edited:

Parker2

^^^^^Are you freeking serious? The KKK? Have you actually seen KKK members? They hardly exist at all. I am 47 and lived in the south all my life except while in the army and I have never seen the clan. Get out of the 50's man. It's a new century. As for biggotry - it's everywhere North and South, East and West and your an example.
Here in Florida we deal with people like you everyday. You come down here and talk about how everything back home is better. We do this better we do that better - stay there please!!!!

Last edited:

Corprin

^^^^^Are you freeking serious? The KKK? Have you actually seen KKK members? They hardly exist at all. I am 47 and lived in the south all my life except while in the army and I have never seen the clan. Get out of the 50's man. It's a new century.
Yes I am serious, and I have seen members of the Klan, and various other extremest and terrorist organizations, during the late 1990's, and early 2000's, hence my statements. I am not spouting off unfounded rhetoric, I am saying what I have personally witnessed.

As for biggotry - it's everywhere North and South East and West and your an example.
Sadly, I must agree that bigotry is alive and well, throughout the world. But to infer I am a bigot is just jumping to an inaccurate conclusion.

With that said, I will deter from continuing this discussion in an open forum. If you would like to defend your feelings, and protect the minority of ignorant and arrogant members of your community, please feel free to PM me.

Alex400

Now that this thread has completely lost it's original meaning, can we drop this bull and just move on, please? the guy drove his bobbed deuce through a mud pit, came 10 feet from making it and we are talking about the KKK. these ain't show trucks! at least the guys it getting out and pushing his truck a bit. If i had one of these babies, i would be up in the hills around where i live all the time just because that's what it was designed to be able to do that! sheezes.

jdknech

:ditto: can we please get back in the mud?? :p i would love to do this with my truck, but there's nowhere around me to do this stuff... and they won't let me in the truck pulls... oh well.. maybe one day! keep it up man! it looks like a blast!

dc3coyote

I miss the mud, had to miss the last FL rally and it was all sorts of wet and muddy, Now I am in Bagdad, with no mud again, and now no running vehicle. The moment I get my UAZ running, I am going to find a large water tank, and make myself a huge puddle (mess) to play in.
On a side note the uparmored LMTVs are insane looking, but not nearly as cool as the Strykers.

Alex400

:ditto: can we please get back in the mud?? :p i would love to do this with my truck, but there's nowhere around me to do this stuff... and they won't let me in the truck pulls... oh well.. maybe one day! keep it up man! it looks like a blast!
why won't they let you in the truck pulls? it's a truck isn't it? lol probably worried there 40k dollar diesel truck wouldn't be able to out pull it lol

trudsmtuner

Wow way off topic, I just like to share my fellow MV hobby with everyone, I don;t care if you buy one and let it set in a museum. some people like to totally preserve something, i like to show mine off and play with it. It's not like it's the last one in the world. I cry when i see all the tractor tired trucks rolling around with Rockwell's and you know the donor is in a china made foreign car right now.

but heres a picture of the beast.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

MAN this thread needs pruning...

Just out of curiosity, how many guys with bobbers are running lockers in them? Or are any doing that...?

G-Force

WOW........in four pages this thread went from normal to toilet to normal to toilet tonormal again..........I wonder what page five will bring.........Oh...and by the way.......I don't know where all the rest of you guys live....but I live in America.............

showMeMudders

Well I posted some pics of the 5 tons I have bobbed in the photo thread, but mud is not all we do with the BOBBED dueces ! ! ! Here is a pic of last winter, we were about the only thing moving down here in southern MO when the BIG ICE storm hit, we were out checking on people and cutting tree s out of the roadways, etc

Attachments

I miss the mud, had to miss the last FL rally and it was all sorts of wet and muddy, Now I am in Bagdad, with no mud again, and now no running vehicle. The moment I get my UAZ running, I am going to find a large water tank, and make myself a huge puddle (mess) to play in.
On a side note the uparmored LMTVs are insane looking, but not nearly as cool as the Strykers.
Just wait till you are there for the rainy season. The rain causes mud slick as snail snot. It stick to everything, if you walk around in it you will arrive at your destination a couple inchs taller because of all the mud stuck to the bottom of your boots.

goodguyzy

crap, you guys are brutal, nice job on mudding, totally off the subject (since that seems to happen a lot) has anyone seen a "real tree" painted bobber? i have looked but havent seen one.
keep on mudding my brother!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks