• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What all MEP models do members have?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on this site researching a MEP-802a before purchasing. Thanks to the members here, I jumped in. Now I'm going to try to find a 002. I hope this stuff doesn't get addicting.
Addicting?! If you're worried about getting hooked, shut the computer off NOW and never return to this site. Otherwise you're in trouble, one mep leads to others, then a truck to pull them, then another truck because , "you have two trailers", it will never go away.
Have fun, the rest of us are.
JC

10Lugger

Addicting?! If you're worried about getting hooked, shut the computer off NOW and never return to this site. Otherwise you're in trouble, one mep leads to others, then a truck to pull them, then another truck because , "you have two trailers", it will never go away.
Have fun, the rest of us are.
JC

Thanks for laying out the perfect purchase game plan. I can hardly wait to get to the 5 tons. :)

storeman

It is truly addicting. I've had 13 MEPs, still have 5 with 3 load tested 002s available. I looked up White Post and noted that you are not that far away. I was in Staunton last Tuesday picking up my newest auction acquisition from the Western State looney bin. Kind of looks like a UPS truck but is a JPS truck.
Jerry
(Jerry's Parcel Service) :clinto:

Last edited:

10Lugger

It is truly addicting. I've had 13 MEPs, still have 5 with 3 load tested 002s available. I looked up White Post and noted that you are not that far away. I was in Staunton last Tuesday picking up my newest auction acquisition from the Western State looney bin. Kind of looks like a UPS truck but is JPS.
Jerry
(Jerry's Parcel Service) :clinto:

Our states proximity to the available goods at hand, is far to tempting. The wife and I enjoy the short adventures for procurement.

storeman

I have a son off Broad Run Church Road, Warrenton/Vint Hill Station area.
Jerry

Just realized I made a mistake regarding you being near Broad Run. Was chatting with a fellow from there a few minutes ago and that was where he was from. After I posted I realized you are out near Staunton.

Last edited:

Corvette1974

I bought my first MEP from Ft. Meade GL. It is a 1983 MEP 003a. Wasn't running when I got it. But it was 100 percent complete and tuned up in August 2011 according to the stencils all over it. Changed filters, cleaned fuel system, fresh oil and charged the 6TL batteries. 1 minute of glow plug and she fired right up. It runs fantastically and has powered our house through many outages. Got it with 2219 Hours, currently has 2256 Hours.

I also have a 1972 MEP 015 1.5 KW generator. Bought it off CL and it runs great. Powers anything I've thrown at it, and other than being very loud, is a great genset. 2A016-III engine.

Military hardware is extremely addicting, I could easily have many more trucks/gensets if money and space would allow!

Will

10Lugger

I have a son off Broad Run Church Road, Warrenton/Vint Hill Station area.
Jerry

Just realized I made a mistake regarding you being near Broad Run. Was chatting with a fellow from there a few minutes ago and that was where he was from. After I posted I realized you are out near Staunton.

It seems like we are at least 40 min. from nearly everything. I have family in Warrenton. These MEP's are great in our area, because when the power goes, so does the water.

phil2968

I bought a MEP 531a for $150. Installed some new fuel lines and it runs like a champ. It's only 2kw but it can be hard wired and has electric slave starting plus a full set of gauges. Now to build an ASK for it.uploadfromtaptalk1393384269432.jpg

dangier

10Lugger-We are just down the road from you on Warren/Page county border (340). We go through White Post several times a year while traveling to NJ.

Best of luck with your addiction-it's got us....

David

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just added a MEP 531A to the collection also. Great little unit. Going to adapt a set of wheels to it for ease of handling.

10Lugger

10Lugger-We are just down the road from you on Warren/Page county border (340). We go through White Post several times a year while traveling to NJ.

Best of luck with your addiction-it's got us....

David

Hey, neighbor! Then you know were Dinosaur Land is. We are just a couple minutes from there. But of coarse everyone in White Post is a couple minutes from there.

J.R.

dangier

Have two 002's in top shape (26 hours and 164 hours), fine tuning one 003'a (900 hours) and one 003a parts machine (200 hours-2006 reset factory rebuilt at .8 hours). 200 hour unit is in rough shape. Looks to have been stored in wet location (rusty). Reset by ONG.
David

t2Gmn4r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mep002a had hole in bottom of fuel tank runs fine
Mep004a looked for a year for a IP now runs fine. i do not think Temp sensor on control panel works would like to get fixed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks