• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What all MEP models do members have?

jas67

When I get time I will hopefully get them all working again. But in the mean time I am building three HUMVEES (milspec), Three aircraft hangers, 13 aircraft (Warbirds), Fire Truck, Fuel Truck, Aircraft Replicas (P-40's), Ect........
Avn-tech -- you don't sleep do you?

I, and am sure other members look forward to seeing your spreadsheet when it is completed.

With your permission, I'd like to put your data into web form for online viewing.

Last edited:

zb39

MEP 005 with 13 hours from GL. Came with missing IP and alt. Have not messed with it much. Does turn over nice though.

AceHigh

Follow up on my 003A from Richmond. Added all filters and fluids, fired up fine and runs great.

Lessons learned: Thanks Speddmon for filter info. I WILL get a spin on kit soon, never want to do the oil filter without that again. :mrgreen: Still have to measure and get some batteries for it as I do not like moving them from place to place. Master cylinder on brakes leaks but that is the only known issue. Got lucky maybe

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you're welcome Acehigh. I'm glad to hear you got a runner!!!! If any issues arise with it, be sure to let us know and we'll try to get you back on track.

As to the spin-on kits....they are very nice to use! And I can have them ready to send out within a week of order (shop does pretty fast turnaround)

steelandcanvas

(1) MEP-003A W/O ASK, on a M-116A2 Trailer. Picked up at GL/Ft Carson. No batteries, fluids drained. Removed and cleaned fuel tank, changed filters, all new fluids, threw on a new set batteries, and she started right up. Ran Her for a hour or so, then put about a 75% load on Her for a couple of hours. 75% was all I could come up with at one time, that was my shop load. Maintained that nice 60Hz power we all want to see.[thumbzup]

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have 6 MEP-003A's. They range from 14 to 800 hours. All start, run smooth and produce juice. I went out when it was 10 degrees and all started up within 3 cranks. I love these units...I have a donor 003a that was used to get the 6 back to factory conditions. Selling 4 and setting up 2 to power the home front.

compressiontech

Mep 003

Ok I have to boast on how great my MEP_003 genset has been running....... Out here in the St Thomas Virgin Islands...Just had storms come through and power has been out for 2 days have had it running constantly.... Hurricane Earl a month ago had it run a whole week.....desperate need of oil change and am waiting on filters....Ran the genset for 14 hours on one tank before topping it up and still quauter tank left...Neighbors are envious....hour meter shows 2935 hrs ...Infact just wrote this thread with the gene purring away in the back ground.....

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As much as you use it, a spin-on oil filter adaper would be a great thing to have. If only someone had made and sold something like that. :wink: :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink:

PaulbusMax

MEP-003A picked up in SanAntonio several months ago. Had to disassemble IP, de-gummify it and flush out rusty nasty fuel tank. Runs excellent. 1150 hrs at time of aquisition.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-701A good to go.

MEP-003a: missing parts, bought on a whim from GL, wish I could get rid of it...

From the pics you posted all I see missing right off hand is the air intake tube from the shutter box to the air cleaner. Really, unless you use the little shutter on the back of the air filter housing for cold weather running, that is not even necessary. What else are you missing? And why would you want to get rid of such a fine looking machine????

markmontana

From the pics you posted all I see missing right off hand is the air intake tube from the shutter box to the air cleaner. Really, unless you use the little shutter on the back of the air filter housing for cold weather running, that is not even necessary. What else are you missing? And why would you want to get rid of such a fine looking machine????
Missing 3 fuel lines, and various little things here and there. If I knew what was missing- I would keep it- HA!!!

I buy the deuces to work on and fix up, I bought the generator thinking it was complete. I don't want to get into the learning curve on a genset in the near future. My M185 project has all my attention.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Proud new owner of Mep002a w/ Trailer and cover, just PU and draged home from Fort Meade, getting close to firing her up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks