• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What am I missing? Why so much interest in this hummer?

kfrosty

I think people get their heart set on one and it's close enough for them to get and they aren't going to give up on it. That or somebody gets the bug, they go on ebay or find somebody that's purchased one and trying to flip it for 20k and 15k seems like a deal.

The opposite happened to me the other day. I checked out the auctions and there was one with a 6.5 that ran, just missing seats and doors, nobody bid on 1.5 hours from me. I'm thinking ok what am I missing. Somebody bid 5k and I'm checking out the pix and everything thinking why has nobody bid this up. Time ran out and it seemed like a no brainer. Then a helmet top with a winch went immediately after it for like 7k. But then a few minutes later a similiar one went for 10k.

As somebody else posted, it seems like some that bid up, you see them available again which sometimes has me suspicious.

I refuse to bid on something on ebay anymore .

kevin101

I've only got limited experience with GP auctions but I've been involved with others and it seems that someone picks a certain item for whatever reason and can get involved in a bidding war with someone else over it. Meanwhile, other items are either being ignored for just not getting the attention. I would also bet that a winch equipped one would gather more attention and raise the price way more than the value of the winch anyways.

cq141

my guess is and this is just a guess there may not be anymore Humvees being sold from the army atleast for awhile just guessing by the the next two autions

Texas187

Also, can depend on ones/twos lifestyle...Im a big time off road adrenaline freak, motocross/sxs custom performance buggies. SXS's run in the 14'sk to 20+k depending on the package, and then big time $$$ when performance goes on. So when considering a new "off road" toy...a 15+k Humvee is comfortably used to pay so to speak. That was somewhat part of my consideration...condition mostly though.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my guess is and this is just a guess there may not be anymore Humvees being sold from the army atleast for awhile just guessing by the the next two autions
I can dispel that speculation:

I see bunches/dozens/hundreds? of them on the DRMO lot waiting to be auctioned. I also can't believe GP would miss an opportunity to push prices up by announcing that theyre running out.

My best guess says this was two noobs bidding it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks