• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are you paying for your CUCV tags

I Live in North Carolina it cost me $60 to get the title switched over and i think $28 for Tags and i think About $300 for a full year of liability insurance 50,000 \100,000\50,000 i think nc only requires 30\60 \30 which is the min

HoJoPo

$90 now for the M1010 ambulance in California, after I got DMV to change it from a commercial plate / pickup to a passenger plate / pickup with permanently mounted camper (body type PM, it was the closest match in their system to the ambulance body). The plates were $240 a year (weight based) for the commercial / pickup plate last year.

Stonepicker1

$90 now for the M1010 ambulance in California, after I got DMV to change it from a commercial plate / pickup to a passenger plate / pickup with permanently mounted camper (body type PM, it was the closest match in their system to the ambulance body). The plates were $240 a year (weight based) for the commercial / pickup plate last year.
I tried that with the DMV here in Florida and they said "NO" They said they went by the weight listed on the title. They are not very nice down here.

Glad it worked out for you.

J.Z.

Plates

You could get collector plates($100 one time fee) and never have to buy tabs again...Insurance would be way cheaper as well ($125 for the year)..I have never had an issue with any of my trucks...J.Z..

Zero_cool

You could get collector plates($100 one time fee) and never have to buy tabs again...Insurance would be way cheaper as well ($125 for the year)..I have never had an issue with any of my trucks...J.Z..
I thought about that to, but they said In order for me to drive it it would have to be related to a car show. This is my daily driver so that wouldn't work.

jj

PA charges $36.00 for a passenger plate for the M-1009. Truck plates are based on registered gross weight, which can be derived from the VIN. An M-1008 at 8800 or 9400 pounds would probably be a $198.00 plate. My flatbed with the 15,000 lb GVW is a $288.00 per year fee. It goes up and up. Really UP and UP.

idM1028

In illinois the veteran plates cost more!!!! They make spouses and faimly members pay more for the Gold star plates!! Those should be free for life!!!! What is this world coming to!!!!
:ditto:
But hey, that's Communois for ya... Can't remember exactly what I paid for mine in NC. About what most everybody else from there did. It definitely wasn't $200+ NC doesn't seem to care if it's 1 ton, just if you're going to be pulling a trailer or not. I always told them no. I also managed to save $5 by having my BDE legal section notarize the title instead of the license place :D

unaffiliated

Just got my tag yesterday. It was $20.00 tag fee and $2.99 Ad Valorem tax. The tag was due on my birthday 12/31 but I didn't get to the tag office last week. They didn't even charge me the $10.00 penalty like they usually do when you're late. The title fee was $18.00 when I originally registered the truck back in March.

Abbylind

License plate? Whats that?.....
NM we just find something and put it in the back window...or get a temporary plate from a dealer!

Na just kiddin!..... I think I paid $117.00 (based on weight M1008) for 1 year registration

Zero_cool

Well I finally made it in to the DMV...MAN were they rude!
They said that they go by the vin of the vehicle. If the vin says its a 1 ton then that what I have to register it as.
Then she said it has to be 10,000 or more pounds to be a 1 ton.
When I told her that the GVW was like 9,400 she said O thats to close to 10,000 so its a 1 ton.
:doh:
Can someone point me in the direction to where I can find these rules so I can read up on them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks