• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are you using to collect WMO

Ridgerunner

I use plastic 55 gal drums. They are tough...I roll them out of the F250 4x4....onto grass....about 3' drop. Never busted one yet.
Instead of just rolling the full 55 gallon drums off the back of the truck and letting them crash directly to the ground, and hopeing for the best. Place two stacked car tires (with out rims) on the ground where the drum will fall. It'll give it a nice soft cushion, even with a 3' drop.

srodocker

right now im trying to figure out a pump setup wher ei can drop into a big container underground at oil change places. as i have a barrel pump for barrels. i may try to build a tripod setup and then attach a longer hose to the bottom

randini

I have a Air powered pump, that I drive of of glad hands on the back of the Deuce. It does drain the air tanks, but the Deuce has enough air to power the transfer from a 55gal drum to a 250ish gallon holding tank. Sorry I dont have picts.

rolling18

The reason I'm transporting in a 55 gallon drum is to avoid any DOT Haz-Mat issues. WMO is a hazardous material if transported in quantities (I forget the exact amount, but I recall a 55 gallon drum being lower than that amount).
I used to pickup/ deliver used oil in a tractor trailer tanker, it WAS NOT haz-mat at the time a few years ago. no placards were required either.[thumbzup]

I also have a "A" CDL with haz-mat endorsement.

man, I wish I had that job now!! id be set!:grd:
you wont have any problems wit used oil or mixed

Now back on topic..
i have a simple way 55 gal drums carried on back of truck 12volt transfer pump with nozzel from oil site to my drums.
pump it out when i get home to storage batrrels, process it to ready to use in 275 gal tote.
if needed il have an immersion heater to boil off water..

Last edited:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommended this.
PA310001.jpg
It will prob last loads longer. We have been using one for about a year for pushing through filters. Now that I'm running 3 filters it pumps slower and heats up if I'm filtering straight WMO. Prob time to start mixing in something to cut it, . . . cold weather is coming and the oil is being thick.
I see them, 24 & 12volt, going for about $100 pretty often, new from dealer is closer to $250 - $350.

But I DON'T use it for collecting, they transfer too slow. For that I use a SBC oil pump that's been mod'd.

Last edited:

Rellim4560

55 gallon drums. I have 11 car repair shops all near me who collect only good WMO for me and then they get strained before going into the drums, strained again going from drums to smaller containers which I mix 50/50 with clean deisel. I even get alot of clean deisel from the desiel mechanics around here who have to drain tanks or purge systems.
A/C how did you pull that off. Every place I go and ask about their WMO say they can't sell it or give it out do to state laws. I have been combing the forum to find cheap alt fuel available in Florida