• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What can you get for $45

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
45 minutes with a pressure cleaner and maybe it's not quite as rusty as they described.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bed isn't twisted, weird angle and the truck is at yet another angle. The war dept hasn't seen it yet. It's small, she might not notice it. Can't go wrong for the price

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only moved it around the yard, picked it up with the car trailer. I've had M116 trailers in the past and they tow fantastic. I bought one at Homestead AFB many years ago with 2 5KW gensets. Towed it home 70 MPH with my 1/2 ton Chev with the 6.2 dsl. Also towed the same 116 genset trailer with a 116 tool trailer on it to Wayne Harris house at 70 MPH. worked great.

Attachments

mangus580

BFR said:
how did it pull behind the p/u?
Joel, I have pulled my M116 generator trailer all over the northeast with my 1009.

Lets see, been
adberdeen and back
Jim Thorpe and back (via cooperstown area both ways)
Ft Drum and back
Newburgh NY and back (also via cooperstown area)
and the cooperstown area and back like 2-3 times
(at least one of these times behind the 'Burb)

I cant wait to get the 101A2 done with brakes, it will be even better!

ida34

Power wash the car hauler too. That thing needs paint quick. When you said rusty trailer I was trying to figure out which one you meant. Is that an old travel trailer frame? I have one I use but I want to tear it down and rebuild it with metal instead of wood decking.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno what that car trailer was at first. I piad $100 for it about 9 years ago. It needs a couple of gallons of exterior latex for sure. It's been all over the east coast. Hauled 3 deuce front axles, t 5 ton trannys a golf cart and GP Medium from OH to FL, Hauled an M715 from Evansville IN to OH then to FL plus tons of trips with little stuff such as M1009s and the such. Might be one of the better "C" noted I ever spent.

citizensoldier

Good deal Kenny.. You doubled you money even if you scrap it.. I think you need a M37 in front of it now! The rims sell for $50 a piece.. Good score.. I dont understand why they cut the front off and then welded a pintle hitch back on? Strange..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may start looking for someone boning out a 101 so that I can fix that and maybe scare up racks and a gate.

ida34

My trailer was cheap and has paid for itself many times over with hauling cucvs home ans such. I gave $200 a few years ago. Another trailer I have I bought as an old popup trailer. I got it for $50 and I have used it for about 15 years. Cheap trailers never let you down. Old dry rotted tires do.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheap trailers never let you down. Old dry rotted tires do.
Amen brother. I ended up replacing all the tires on the car trailer during the M715 trip. Replaced them one at a time all the way home.

ida34

I just bit the bullet and got tires for my car hauler. $400 worth of tires. I started to go get my water buffalo and about 30 miles out I felt a vibration and found that the whole tread came off one tire. I had one spare I put on and the second spare was not holding air. I decided to quickly go home and take the rims in to get new tires. I am glad it happened so close to home.

I also blew two tires on the way moving to MI from TN. I had to find a walmart to buy the tires on the rims before we could make our way home.

Armada

I just bit the bullet and got tires for my car hauler. $400 worth of tires. I started to go get my water buffalo and about 30 miles out I felt a vibration and found that the whole tread came off one tire. I had one spare I put on and the second spare was not holding air. I decided to quickly go home and take the rims in to get new tires. I am glad it happened so close to home.

I also blew two tires on the way moving to MI from TN. I had to find a walmart to buy the tires on the rims before we could make our way home.
Seems I also remember a roadside tire replacement coming back from Columbus. :) A plank came off the deck too, Man did that scatter traffic...hehe. Good times, good times....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks