• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Deuce a m49 fuel Deuce and half go for

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's been happening quite a few times recently. They will post a comment that starts out with "how much do you think this is worth ? " . Then when you respond they will send a PM asking if you want to buy it.
This guy also listed his location as "State College" ( but no state listed). But I.m guessing he wasn't enrolled since he had a hard time comprehending the site rules he agreed to.

rustystud

Dang, I was just about to ask how much my gold plated turd collection was worth. They're in great condition. Anyone? SS needs to implement a "party foul tracker". When members do stupid stuff, like trying to circumvent paying for a classified add, they receive a party foul demerit and are thereby able to be readily identified as a goober. Public shaming has strong corrective qualities...
Actually the last two times this happened that I know of they where "brand new" members, and really had no intention of becoming actual members here. I actually talked on the phone with the last guy as he PM'd me his number. He came out and admitted he didn't want to pay anything for joining up just wanted a way to sell his military items and thought this was a good site to get some responses. He was a auction buyer and seller and had come across some military items in his last lot buy.
I think the way Chris (gimpyrobb) handled it by deleting the post is the best way to deal with these guys. And no, I didn't buy anything from him

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Actually the last two times this happened that I know of they where "brand new" members, and really had no intention of becoming actual members here. I actually talked on the phone with the last guy as he PM'd me his number. He came out and admitted he didn't want to pay anything for joining up just wanted a way to sell his military items and thought this was a good site to get some responses. He was a auction buyer and seller and had come across some military items in his last lot buy.
I think the way Chris (gimpyrobb) handled it by deleting the post is the best way to deal with these guys. And no, I didn't buy anything from him
I would love9ve the power to delete crap, but I don't have it. I simply explained what we did/didn't like on the site. A moderator took care of the rest, and I appreciate what they do for us.