• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Delivered tents for a local non-profit Veterans Group.

Then came back and replaced my severely cracked Steering Wheel! Much better!20150807_125120.jpg

All in a days work!! lol

TsgtB

Ordered my Donaldson muffler, should be here by the 13th, I have bridge truck mirrors so hopefully i can still get it lower to the fender...
Never could find any post with a pipe length between muff and flapper 8)
any suggestions?

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a very creative idea with the suspension ! You say it works OK ? No binding or axles walking out where there not suppose too ?
The main thing is adding the third axle makes the suspensions fight each other a bit. I was hoping to have three axles that would flex as well as the two axles do and that is close but not quite the case. Here is the updated picture with the new tires and wheels.

Attachments

brianp454

The main thing is adding the third axle makes the suspensions fight each other a bit. I was hoping to have three axles that would flex as well as the two axles do and that is close but not quite the case. Here is the updated picture with the new tires and wheels.
Neat concept! With the setup you have you will be loading the center rear axle at 2x the other two rear axles. I would think making the either the fore or aft rear axle retractable with a modern tag or pusher axle suspension a better solution than what you have going on. Or perhaps making one of them a steering axle that turns at some ratio of the front steering axle. Best luck!

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat concept! With the setup you have you will be loading the center rear axle at 2x the other two rear axles. I would think making the either the fore or aft rear axle retractable with a modern tag or pusher axle suspension a better solution than what you have going on. Or perhaps making one of them a steering axle that turns at some ratio of the front steering axle. Best luck!
I have seen guys use a front spring setup to hang an additional axle or a road version drop setup. Your right about it bearing the weight better. The idea was to keep the off road capability. It's like the bobbers that use air ride from box trucks it's a good concept for the road but they are designed to run over a 7inch curb so they just don't flex. The truck actually still turns pretty well and I will be adding a 5th wheel but it will mainly be a play truck.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one real clean, put-together looking cab. Is that they way your purchased it?

Or did you put the work into it to look that good?
Thank You for the comment! My son and I did put some work into it as you can see by the photo. The good side is there was no rust to speak of, so all we needed was the paint prep work, and add all the missing parts to bring it back to original!
CAM00889 1d.jpg

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Massters

Thanks, yea, we have that site for reference, plus I have some photos from my time in Germany when I painted our units trucks in this pattern! I carry my photos with me as most people have never heard of the MASSTERS pattern, kinda "ya had to be there" thingy!
IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

fpchief

Rolled the cover up and took off the hand rails and front rail. Sanded and got them looking good. Also the uprights that hold the bows got sanded and painted. Slightly different color than the fiberglass seats but it'll work.
uploadfromtaptalk1439257999261.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439258024426.jpg

rubicondsrv

fought with stubborn bolts on rusted drivers seat base. down to two remaining bolts holding the combined drivers and companion seats to the floor, but they are completely rounded. so far ruined one set of bolt extractors trying to remove them. I think the next step is to cut the box around them and try again to remove the bad bolts once the seats are out.

TsgtB

fought with stubborn bolts on rusted drivers seat base. down to two remaining bolts holding the combined drivers and companion seats to the floor, but they are completely rounded. so far ruined one set of bolt extractors trying to remove them. I think the next step is to cut the box around them and try again to remove the bad bolts once the seats are out.
Can you grind them off and then punch them out....?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks