• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

What makes you say that rusty?
It was a tongue and cheek comment. When I was in the Marines towards the end of my enlistment I transferred to "Landing Support" . We worked on the beaches and helped unload and distribute the supplies. So our deuces where on the beach head with us and some times we had to "unstuck" a landing craft especially if the tide had turned. So your helping that barge reminded me of my times in the "Corp".

welldigger

Kinda looks that way . He doesn't realize that water escapes from the cab and surrounding metal through those tunnels . But he will learn !
Never mind how porous bondo is. I can only speak for myself but no ridicule was intended. Just honestly hoping he isn't patching rust with bondo. It will only make it worse. Much worse.

HanksDeuce

Continued A/C install. Mounted the condenser at the rear of the cab. Put 2 large 14" puller SPAL fans. Started mounting the compressor and engine brackets. Upper alternator bracket will be dropped off to a machine shop for minor modifications. A few long metric bolts will be sourced from the local bolt supplier tomorrow to finish mounting the compressor/bracket.

Another Ahab

Continued A/C install. Mounted the condenser at the rear of the cab. Put 2 large 14" puller SPAL fans. Started mounting the compressor and engine brackets. Upper alternator bracket will be dropped off to a machine shop for minor modifications. A few long metric bolts will be sourced from the local bolt supplier tomorrow to finish mounting the compressor/bracket.
Fastenal?

jolis32

Blasted and cleaned up the floor and center console panels, took out the seats and blasted and repainted them too. Found some yellow paint for the brake reservoir cover Also replaced all the fasteners while i was at it. uploadfromtaptalk1440399202567.jpg

Another Ahab

I prefer Ascension Fasteners. MUCH cheaper than Fastenal. I've heard that for some items at Fastenal you have to buy in bulk to get one. That's crap.
Agreed; only wish we had Ascension around here.

Luckily still got one old school mom-and-pop hardware store near here (Cherrydale in Arlington), for individual loose hardware.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks