• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Hey Aussie Bloke, you know about cameras, right?

Oh, yeah:

- Please!?

Your wish and all that!
;)

Cleaned the Cab out and washed the windows etc,....

Scrubs up real nice.
Better than I do in fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298eXLm6kVg&index=5&list=PLWlo0FHJflTdlOxE6wRE9SChUKmEA-z20

Only thing is I didn't get around to putting in the bows and cargo cover or re-installing the winch cable.
At least I have that fun to look forward to.

Oh and I adjusted the park brake so now it works,.... had to wind in the adjustment nut over an INCH!

Aussie.

jbayer

Finally installed my AERO turbine muffler. Didn't really make it much quieter, just took the edge off. Still need ear plugs.
The BEHR PREMIUM PLUS seems to be holding up good to the heat. Did two 1.5 hr rides at highway speed, and it did not discolor at all.
IMG_3244.jpgIMG_3245.jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Good God Almighty, that is the cleanest, brand-spankingest new-looking Deuce I have ever seen; looks BETTER than one that might have just rolled off an assembly line!!

Please jog my sorry memory and remind me where you picked that thing up.

Well I got it from a SS member.
Who got it from a deceased estate (private Museum).
Was never used in its service life.

I think the traction grit they applied to the floor was done a bit haphazardly and detracts from its overall good/clean looks, but that's just me I guess.

I'll get the seats re-covered in a few months as I have run out of funds as I have just payed all my bills.

I'll leave for work in a hour and on the way in I'll lodge the paperwork and have it registered and 100% road legal.

Then I just need to make it to my next payday!,.....

Aussie.

camnite

I snapped two wheel studs on the passenger steer. was checking torque on lug nuts and barely had 50 lbs applied and snap. now truck is sidelined until I pull the wheel and replace all six, as a safety precaution. if its not one thing, its another

rustystud

Finally installed my AERO turbine muffler. Didn't really make it much quieter, just took the edge off. Still need ear plugs.
The BEHR PREMIUM PLUS seems to be holding up good to the heat. Did two 1.5 hr rides at highway speed, and it did not discolor at all.
View attachment 595329View attachment 595330[/QUOT

It didn't help that much ? To bad. I was going to install one of those next year. I like the idea of a great muffler that is made from stainless steel. To bad it's not a great muffler.

welldigger

View attachment 595329View attachment 595330[/QUOT

It didn't help that much ? To bad. I was going to install one of those next year. I like the idea of a great muffler that is made from stainless steel. To bad it's not a great muffler.
Honestly I think it's pretty subjective as to how quiet a muffler seems. I have the aero turbine 3535 as well and it's like night and day for me. Though it is a small flow through muffler so it honestly won't always work a miracle.

They also make a resonated muffler that's even quiter. It's the 3535xl. The drawback to it is the size. It will still fit but it requires a bit of modification to the mounting bracket. It's still flow through and all stainless.

Dipstick

Brutus at our new Home

Hi Fellas,

Brutus and I bought a house in Effort, PA. That's in the Poconos. So far, my new neighbors seem to really like him. I used him to pick up a lawn mower last week. I need to adjust my parking brake too. Hope everyone is well.

DipstickBrutus and mower.jpgBrutus at Home.jpg

AZK9

... Brutus and I bought a house in Effort, PA. That's in the Poconos. ...
Cool! That's a pretty nice and quiet area up there! [thumbzup]

Do you have chains for the deuce? Is the move a complete, fulltime move...
or is it a place for winter, 'ski getaways'!

AZK9

I snapped two wheel studs on the passenger steer. was checking torque on lug nuts and barely had 50 lbs applied and snap. now truck is sidelined until I pull the wheel and replace all six, as a safety precaution. if its not one thing, its another
Better that it happened the way it did than while driving down the road at travel speed, or under heavy load.

Still... it's a pain-in-the-neck when stuff like that happens to sideline a truck! Hang in there.

In my opinion, you're doing the right thing from a safety perspective. [thumbzup]

Dipstick

Thanks AZK9 and mobileauto,

It's a year round home for us. I previously lived in an apartment for eight years after my divorce. My neighbors at the apartments loved Brutus. The apartment management did not. They threatened to have him towed away at my expense. They said it was a lease violation. I finally decided I'd had enough of apartment life. So far the people in my new neighborhood seem pretty nice.

I don't have chains, but Brutus did really well in the snow last winter. I drove him to work in snow at least a dozen times. Do you guys think I'll need chains up here? It is kind of hilly in this area.

AZK9

... I don't have chains, but Brutus did really well in the snow last winter. I drove him to work in snow at least a dozen times. Do you guys think I'll need chains up here? It is kind of hilly in this area.
As to having chains in the hills of a place like the Poconos... well, they might not be absolute essentials (and I do not know what the laws are up there relative to even using them on public roads), but they sure do provide an added element for traction on ice and snow covered roadways.

In the Central Highlands of Arizona, while driving on snow covered mountain roads... sometimes 'chains' are the only to get from point A to point B.

I think if I were in your situation... I'd get a set and keep them at the ready, especially if you're using the truck as primarily a daily driver.
I'm sure there are lots of thoughts and opinions on this topic. Just my 2 cents.

AZK9

... Do you guys think I'll need chains up here? It is kind of hilly in this area.
Just another thought...

From my experience, Phillipsburg is a place where there is almost always a lot of moisture in the air and ice on the roads
when the temps really drop. So, if you did not have problems driving in winter ice and snow there... you probably the best
judge of what your truck can do in 'less than ideal' conditions.

Chains are not cheap. At least they were not when I bought a set.

Another Ahab

I think if I were in your situation... I'd get a set and keep them at the ready, especially if you're using the truck as primarily a daily driver.
I'm sure there are lots of thoughts and opinions on this topic. Just my 2 cents.
There IS some sense to the saying:

"Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them". 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks