• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tore the transmission apart, gave it a good bath, pressed off gears, in the process of installing the 0.69 OD gears. Need to have my 2nd gear drilled out at the machine shop then I can put it all back together. Going good so far...

Another Ahab

Tore the transmission apart, gave it a good bath, pressed off gears, in the process of installing the 0.69 OD gears. Need to have my 2nd gear drilled out at the machine shop then I can put it all back together. Going good so far...
That's an ambitious project; not for the faint of heart.

Have you done it before?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an ambitious project; not for the faint of heart.

Have you done it before?
Not on a deuce but plenty of toyotas and Hondas. It's really pretty straightforward Tom's site gives excellent instructions if you're familiar with a press, dropping the deuce transmission is simple for the most part.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered different covers to change the color illuminating the dash. I noticed that some have the dot on the faces to let you know they are on , some are all plastic and shine out and a few that had all blackout and backlit only. I put an all plastic for high beam so I could see it during the day and the ones with little cutouts for dash lighting

fpchief

That's a nice haul; I hope you got the "bulk discount".
Ha ha nope. But really decent price. Really impressed with the wife's dodge ecodiesel. I hauled three pallets of tires, two were in the bed, total haul/towed weight was around 7400lbs and I averaged 15.9 mpg. And that is rolling about 63mph.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha ha nope. But really decent price. Really impressed with the wife's dodge ecodiesel. I hauled three pallets of tires, two were in the bed, total haul/towed weight was around 7400lbs and I averaged 15.9 mpg. And that is rolling about 63mph.
Impressive! My gas Chevy got about 12-14 towing at its best on flat land. Unloaded it got about 17.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks