• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

tobyS

Got all of the frictions and steels for my AT1545 and found a new piston for 4th. I understand a new Teflon seal ring will give up to 20% more holding power to (hopefully) keep this from happening again.

The former owner bought a tranny, put it in and had the same problem...so I have 2 AT 1545's that have 4th and reverse out. Since the OEM had only 10k miles, rebuild was a no-brainer. Gears and planetary look perfect...except 4th got hot enough to melt the aluminum piston.

While I have had many 5 tons, this is my first adventure with a Deuce. They seem small after having 5 tons

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

You're right, Aussie; how is anybody not going to love the deuce-and-a-half!?

https://youtu.be/qn_XMJ8KGKw

Well there are some pretty sick people out there!,...
:cookoo:

Here's a short vid I took testing out my new cheap Action Camera,.... the audio sucks since its inside its weather proof case,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QPKY8QIjc

I've since changed the exposure settings so the next one shouldn't have the colour looking washed out,...

Aussie.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

G'day everyone,.....

Here's a short vid I took testing out my new cheap Action Camera,.... the audio sucks since its inside its weather proof case,...

Aussie.
I got a case like that for my phone too:

- I can drop it from six feet and take it snorkeling.

- But I can't use it as a phone; nobody can hear me.
I didn't think to ask about that when I bought it, and the sales guy didn't volunteer it. :3dAngus:

There sure are some straight shot roads out your way Down Under, AB!

Last edited:

AZK9

...testing out my new cheap Action Camera...
The images in the video are not really what I had in mind when I think of your part of the world.
That road could easily be mistaken for many in rural locations in the USA. Our 'eastern woodland'
environments can have a similar appearance.

Thanks for the post! [thumbzup]

BTW... the video is not bad! If you don't mind my asking... what's the make and model of your camera?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

The images in the video are not really what I had in mind when I think of your part of the world.
That road could easily be mistaken for many in rural locations in the USA. Our 'eastern woodland'
environments can have a similar appearance.

Thanks for the post! [thumbzup]

BTW... the video is not bad! If you don't mind my asking... what's the make and model of your camera?
This is the camera I got, (3 actually).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsIbPPBGIQ

The resolution is great on my laptop but its reduced by Youtube, that vid was done at 1080 resolution and when it uploads youtube reduces it for some reason.
I have changed the lighting settings so today at work I'll see how much better I can get it.

Aussie.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

As you can see,.... people just love the Deuce and want to have their picture taken with it,....

Took us about 20 mins to get directions to where they wanted what we had dumped.
Everyone asking, "where did ya get it,.... How much did it cost,.... What ya doin with it?,..... Can I have a drive?,....."
They all loved the sound it makes,.....

Finally got it all dumped.

And then went for a drive back home the long way back, did about 150-180klms for the day.

Aussie.
Looks like you had a fun day. The air tool oil you added, did you put that just into the wiper pistons or somewhere else in the system?

Also, great pics of your trip to the tipper. I did notice a picture in there from working on your rear driver side wheels & saw the bottle Jack under the differential housing. Is that a safe Jack spot? I thought I had read on here somewhere that putting the Jack there could dent the bowl (sorry if I have the name wrong) & cause gear clearance problems. I could be wrong so wanted to ask.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,.....

Well there are some pretty sick people out there!,...
:cookoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QPKY8QIjc

I've since changed the exposure settings so the next one shouldn't have the colour looking washed out,...

Aussie.
Nice vid! Sure didn't look like that where I lived in Woomera. Reminded me of Germany with the tall trees & lots of moisture. The Deuce made it that much better. Amazing how well the case filtered out the engine noise. It sounded no louder than my wife's Honda. That is a good sign for when I film the road trip home when I get mine (now pushed to "fall").

I got a case like that for my phone too:

- I can drop it from six feet and take it snorkeling.

- But I can't use it as a phone; nobody can hear me.
I didn't think to ask about that when I bought it, and the sales guy didn't volunteer it. :3dAngus:

There sure are some straight shot roads out your way Down Under, AB!
Get yourself a Bluetooth headset. (Snorkeling is probably out though!)

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

The air tool oil you added, did you put that just into the wiper pistons or somewhere else in the system?

I did notice a picture in there from working on your rear driver side wheels & saw the bottle Jack under the differential housing. Is that a safe Jack spot? I thought I had read on here somewhere that putting the Jack there could dent the bowl (sorry if I have the name wrong) & cause gear clearance problems. I could be wrong so wanted to ask.

I removed the airline just where it connects to each wipers pneumatic motor and dripped a little air tool oil into the airline itself then reconnected it.

Then when I used the wipers the oil was fed into the system to coat the interior cylinder and piston.

As to the placement of the bottle jack, yes its safe to put it there if your vehicle is UNLOADED!

There is a protective reinforced surround to protect the drain plug there, also consider the fact that the pumpkin is designed to take hard impacts there when driven off road.

The impact force it can withstand is far greater than that of simply lifting an unladen rear end a few inches off the ground.
;)

Aussie.

AZK9

... That is a good sign for when I film the road trip home when I get mine (now pushed to "fall").
I've been working as much as possible on my deuce to get ready for the trip west, but I'm going to miss my mark and
have to reschedule the adventure home to AZ. I'm planning to fly back to NJ during the 1st week in July. Then... hopefully
get it roadworthy with a couple more weeks of tinkering. I'm still figuring on 7 to 10 days of driving, but if I can't finish
the multiple mods (that I've got at various stages of completion) and get a string of decent, dry 'work outside' days... well...
I might end up having to consider a trip for the fall as well.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I did some pmcs to mine in prep for Haspin.
I can't tell you how long the speedo has been inop! Westy gave me the T-case adapter I needed last year, so it was installed today. It even works with the A3 dash I put in.

The A3 dash uses an electronic tach, so I swapped that out for my stocker. Some how I busted it, one call to Real Custom Trucks had me setup and working!

I also got some lights from a landmine truck early this year. I spliced those in with the brights on my LED head lights so now if I get brighted, I'll burn their retinas out!

I got some work done on my bed crane, tomorrow I'll find out if the wireless remote works.

rustystud

I did some pmcs to mine in prep for Haspin.
I can't tell you how long the speedo has been inop! Westy gave me the T-case adapter I needed last year, so it was installed today. It even works with the A3 dash I put in.

The A3 dash uses an electronic tach, so I swapped that out for my stocker. Some how I busted it, one call to Real Custom Trucks had me setup and working!

I also got some lights from a landmine truck early this year. I spliced those in with the brights on my LED head lights so now if I get brighted, I'll burn their retinas out!

I got some work done on my bed crane, tomorrow I'll find out if the wireless remote works.
I like the idea of burning out their retinas ! I once had Air-Craft landing lights on my truck. So when some low-life refused to lower their high-beams I flashed the landing lights at them. That got their attention real fast ! Of course it is totally illegal to have those on your vehicle ! The police in my area got wind of a truck with illegal lights on it so I removed them before I got in deep doo-doo !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks