• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Akicita

Just came back from using the old girl to move a branch the storm had torn off a maple earlier this week. It crashed down onto the driveway and then fell towards the garage door. No damage to the door. Hurrah !!

I could barely lift that branch by myself and decided I shouldn't try and drag it all the way to the woodpile - particularly since that pile is close to the road.

Wrapped a chain around the thick end of the branch, the other end through the pintel hitch, and tapped the go pedal. Thar she goes !!

In some ways, I regret I don't have more use for her but she always comes to my rescue in times of need - like when a branch blocks the garage door.

This weekend, a friend of mine wants to come over and see and drive the truck. She's a curious woman with some mechanical knowledge. Who knows, maybe she'll be in the market for a Deuce by next week.

SSG ALBANESE

If I may, how did you fix the rust. I am in need of tackling the rust on mine especially under the wind shield. I know the best was is to cut out the rust and weld in some sheet but just curious as to how you did it.

dmills421

Just got done replacing the steel brake line front front axle to the splitter block near spare tire on M35A2. Line split last week while pulling up to a stop sign!!! Luckily no one was coming! I used FedHill brake line. Very easy to bend and flare. Awesome company to deal with. Answer all questions I had about the brake line. While I was at it I added a remote brake reservoir from Big Mikes Motorpool. Thank you for the fast delivery. Built myself a power bleeder(bled brakes by myself no problem). Thank you to everyone who supplied the parts I needed!! Glad this project is over!! Haha ready to cruise the beach this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselBob

Just got done replacing the steel brake line front front axle to the splitter block near spare tire on M35A2. Line split last week while pulling up to a stop sign!!! Luckily no one was coming! I used FedHill brake line. Very easy to bend and flare. Awesome company to deal with. Answer all questions I had about the brake line.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it was a “non-event” event. I had the rear brake line on my pickup blow out while towing our travel trailer and that will wake you up in a hurry. I also replaced it using Federal Hill conifer line. Really like how easy it forms and in theory will never have to replace because of rust. I also purchased the flaring tool from them sense I need to do the rest of the lines on the pickup and want to do all the hard line on my deuce and it does a perfect job on double flares every time and very quickly.

Another Ahab

Glad to hear it was a “non-event” event. I had the rear brake line on my pickup blow out while towing our travel trailer and that will wake you up in a hurry. I also replaced it using Federal Hill conifer line. Really like how easy it forms and in theory will never have to replace because of rust. I also purchased the flaring tool from them sense I need to do the rest of the lines on the pickup and want to do all the hard line on my deuce and it does a perfect job on double flares every time and very quickly.
Is that a conventional tubing flaring tool, or do they have some kind of proprietary tool of their own?

DieselBob

Its just a variation on the K-line or In-Line tube double / bubble flaring tool. Very nice quality and works very smoothly. Figured I have a butt load of flares to make so I wanted it as easy as possible.

Flaretool.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took her for a spin. 5 min into the drive, thunder and lightning started. I picked some gravel back roads so I could go slow. That means I won't get water sprayed from the windshield frame gap (see, that's a true Deuce master thinking, right there!). Saw a guy walking in the middle of nowhere in the rain. Picked him up. Local farmer walking a mile to get his pickup truck from a field.
Got to drive a field access lane, all with water and mud holes for about half a mile. Hoped I would not get stuck because I had not locked the hubs (maybe not so much of a master, after all). Got there, dropped the dude off (very thankful), locked hubs, three pointed it out of there. Got MUD!!
:)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took her for a spin. 5 min into the drive, thunder and lightning started. I picked some gravel back roads so I could go slow. That means I won't get water sprayed from the windshield frame gap (see, that's a true Deuce master thinking, right there!). Saw a guy walking in the middle of nowhere in the rain. Picked him up. Local farmer walking a mile to get his pickup truck from a field.
Got to drive a field access lane, all with water and mud holes for about half a mile. Hoped I would not get stuck because I had not locked the hubs (maybe not so much of a master, after all). Got there, dropped the dude off (very thankful), locked hubs, three pointed it out of there. Got MUD!!
:)
That qualifies for the "Deuce Samaritan Award".

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 686906View attachment 686907Fitted my cargo cover I got this past weekend. Good fit. Just need some tarp straps and or super rope.
It looks pretty good for sure! However, it appears to be on inside out and possibly backwards (I can't tell from the pictures). The vents at the top of the end curtains should have the protrusion outside of the cargo cover. Picture a hard rain running down the cargo cover, the proper way will have the said protrusion covering the vent hole, preventing water from running into the cargo cover. Another indictor is that the zipper is stitched to the inside, and from the inside is where you would want to open the zip flaps anyway.

To tell if your cover is on backwards, the end curtain with the large "tabs" on bottom goes at the front of the bed. Also, picture air flowing over the curtain as you drive down the road. The front curtain should wrap around the sides, facing backwards and the rear of the side curtains will wrap around the tail end of the bed. It appears in your picture they'll catch the wind, which will eventually end badly for your cover.

See pictures and further/better description in my post here:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...over-install&p=1962093&viewfull=1#post1962093

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks