• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

speedfellon

I will be coming in Thurs afternoon, also solo (wife will be taking care of 9 American Bulldog puppies. also they need good homes). I will be sharing a spot with Randy I think it's #163. we should be close. see you there.

Quido

Replaced the fuel line from the tank to the secondary filters with PTFE stainless braided line. The Parker hose guy is my new best friend. Also changed all 3 filters while I was at it. Applied Swamp Donkey's LED light kit, looks great. Thanks Donkey! Installed a new temp guage, the old one had condinsation that made it unreadable. While installing the new guage I created 2 more projects that needed attention. First one was when I pulled the dash panel to install the guage it caused the air line for the air guage to leak. It was old, dry rotted, and needed to be replaced anyway. Also replaced the air line to the transfer switch. Also looked like crap and decided it was better to replace now while it was accessable. Second issue was that when I unplugged the connectors from the old guage they disintegrated in my hand. I ordered more wire and connectors that arrived today. Installed new locking door handles from TMG. Oh yeah, replaced the air filter, too. I'm getting reafy for the GA rally next month and still have fluid changes to do before then and a blinker issue to solve. Few more projects lined up but are taking a back seat to needed PM type issues for readiness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

I did a walk around of my Deuce yesterday & found a far left outside tire looking very sad & partially flat. After work today, I cranked up the truck & added air to the tire after checking out if any nails, wire, screws, glass or any other FOD was in it. Tire was clean & held air...so it was leak checked with no leaks showing up. Tire is good to go again for now as are all the rest of the tires for the Markets of Marion camping/vendor run in a few weeks. I think I have an air stealing neighbor out here in the swamps of Florida!

The other deuce is still in Federal jail waiting for the EUC to clear so that I can bring her home & get her ready for the fun that we have here in N Florida with the Military trucks. The good thing is that all the filters I have stockpiled, now will have a home with the new truck.

Last edited:

rustystud

Replaced the fuel line from the tank to the secondary filters with PTFE stainless braided line. The Parker hose guy is my new best friend. Also changed all 3 filters while I was at it. Applied Swamp Donkey's LED light kit, looks great. Thanks Donkey! Installed a new temp guage, the old one had condinsation that made it unreadable. While installing the new guage I created 2 more projects that needed attention. First one was when I pulled the dash panel to install the guage it caused the air line for the air guage to leak. It was old, dry rotted, and needed to be replaced anyway. Also replaced the air line to the transfer switch. Also looked like crap and decided it was better to replace now while it was accessable. Second issue was that when I unplugged the connectors from the old guage they disintegrated in my hand. I ordered more wire and connectors that arrived today. Installed new locking door handles from TMG. Oh yeah, replaced the air filter, too. I'm getting reafy for the GA rally next month and still have fluid changes to do before then and a blinker issue to solve. Few more projects lined up but are taking a back seat to needed PM type issues for readiness.

Replacing all the hoses ie; air, fuel, water, was one of the first things I did when I bought my truck. It was also one of the best things I have done to the truck. All the fuel lines are now PTFE stainless steel, all the air lines are DOT poly hoses, and all the water hoses are silicone. I shouldn't have to replace any hose on this truck for the rest of my life.

Quido

Replacing all the hoses ie; air, fuel, water, was one of the first things I did when I bought my truck. It was also one of the best things I have done to the truck. All the fuel lines are now PTFE stainless steel, all the air lines are DOT poly hoses, and all the water hoses are silicone. I shouldn't have to replace any hose on this truck for the rest of my life.
I actually went a similar route due to some posts I read of yours. I didn't go silicone on the water due to I didnt research that much on it. Happy so far with the other hose improvements. Seriously happy with the people ay Parker after my experiences this week.

rustystud

I actually went a similar route due to some posts I read of yours. I didn't go silicone on the water due to I didnt research that much on it. Happy so far with the other hose improvements. Seriously happy with the people ay Parker after my experiences this week.

I'm on a "first" name basis with the Parker guys near me. One guy there thought I was building some sort of rocket ship with all the parts I was buying ! So I brought my truck down there to show them what I did with all the hoses and fittings I had bought. I still believe the one guy thinks I'm building some kind of rocket though. :shrugs:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove 550 miles (round trip) and picked up a spare engine with the deuce of course. Price was good so I figured what the ****.

Caseymikl

Installed new outer windshield frame and new inner wind shields, along with a new vinyl top.
Have to do this to mine. Mine are rotted and windows are cracked.

I used it to clean up and cut trees after the hurricane. Nothing better than hauling tree limbs to the road and everyone that drives by staring. Have a stump in the back yard that I have to cut down and try to pull the top half off with the deuce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Seems like my Deuce will have a new playmate coming,...

Just got a M105A2 trailer for it,...

Later I'll have to start arranging transport for it to my shipping agent.

Looking to have it home by early next year.

Aussie.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the guys use camo netting between vehicles, mostly to block the sun. This time of year the weather in Central California is pretty mild, and the weather during the meet this year was excellent. But there have been a few times when we've gotten a little bad weather.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks