• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Another Ahab

Someone else already mentioned the levering of the wheel with a shovel, that's a good trick.

But the one I like is lifting the wheel off with your back to the wheel, that's "using the old bean" (says the guy with recurring lower back problems).

RGS20inophir

The truck started the day as a faded green truck... It ended the day as a tan truck with 98G slapping most of the paint on the old beast. (It's younger than me... So I guess it isn't that old.)

We used Colorpalace Premium matched to Rust-Oleum sand for easy touch-up. It will be interesting to see how this paint holds up to the NM sun.

Waiting on hardware so we can mount the wheels..

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck started the day as a faded green truck... It ended the day as a tan truck with 98G slapping most of the paint on the old beast. (It's younger than me... So I guess it isn't that old.)

We used Colorpalace Premium matched to Rust-Oleum sand for easy touch-up. It will be interesting to see how this paint holds up to the NM sun.

Waiting on hardware so we can mount the wheels..

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Have rattle can , will travel ...

20171021_183415.jpg

20171021_183228.jpg

20171021_151229.jpg

20171021_120240.jpg

Maverick1701

Yesterday I drove the deuce from Lubbock to the Canadian River Recreation Area north of Amarillo for a Jeep event called "Jeepers Creepers". It was an off-road poker run benefiting the Ronald Mcdonald House of Amarillo.

On the way north, I had one minor mishap with my cargo top. Apparently some of the attachment straps (and strap attachment points) had grown weak with age. Those weakened straps combined with the unrelenting panhandle wind caused them to snap in half & snap away from their attachment points on the cargo top. Thankfully the front stayed attached (behind the cab) and I didn't loose the whole thing on the highway. I pulled over, unhooked it from the truck, folded it up in the bed, and continued on the trip.

The poker run was fun, but I didn't win anything (oh well). I had to bypass a few trails for obvious reasons (I'm not a short wheeled base TJ or JK).

The deuce did quite well and was a huge hit (as they usually are). I had a few ppl ask for rides, the kiddos loved it and wanted to sit in it/get pics with it/etc, and I met a vet who drove them back in the 70s. He crawled all over it reminiscing about his past career. He absolutely loved it (IMO that is one of the best parts of owning an ex military vehicle)

GOPR8588.jpg20171021_172112.jpg20171021_172024.jpg20171021_161330.jpg20171021_154221.jpg

Quido

Went to the GA Rally, only made it one day due to the truck springing an axle leak. Anyway, I finished up some projects I've been working on. Replaced the air compressor gasket, all the belts, all the hoses, changed the oil and filters, and welded a new stud onto the bottom of the radiator. Waiting for more time to do the axle seals and boots...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the GA Rally, only made it one day due to the truck springing an axle leak. Anyway, I finished up some projects I've been working on. Replaced the air compressor gasket, all the belts, all the hoses, changed the oil and filters, and welded a new stud onto the bottom of the radiator. Waiting for more time to do the axle seals and boots...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Funny after haspin I have to do the same

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I drove the deuce from Lubbock to the Canadian River Recreation Area north of Amarillo for a Jeep event called "Jeepers Creepers". It was an off-road poker run benefiting the Ronald Mcdonald House of Amarillo.

On the way north, I had one minor mishap with my cargo top. Apparently some of the attachment straps (and strap attachment points) had grown weak with age. Those weakened straps combined with the unrelenting panhandle wind caused them to snap in half & snap away from their attachment points on the cargo top. Thankfully the front stayed attached (behind the cab) and I didn't loose the whole thing on the highway. I pulled over, unhooked it from the truck, folded it up in the bed, and continued on the trip.

The poker run was fun, but I didn't win anything (oh well). I had to bypass a few trails for obvious reasons (I'm not a short wheeled base TJ or JK).

The deuce did quite well and was a huge hit (as they usually are). I had a few ppl ask for rides, the kiddos loved it and wanted to sit in it/get pics with it/etc, and I met a vet who drove them back in the 70s. He crawled all over it reminiscing about his past career. He absolutely loved it (IMO that is one of the best parts of owning an ex military vehicle)

View attachment 705051View attachment 705052View attachment 705053View attachment 705054View attachment 705055
You are an outstanding ambassador for the MV hobby, Sir.
Thank you. You have my SALUTE and a hearty round of APPLAUSE.

Carry on in your typically statesmanly manner.

Another Ahab

Yeah, if you care that much (it's just a garage slab) then go roll any good sealer over the slab, and then you can just mop up whatever gets nasty now and then. You'll be all good.

Torquewrench

...and your Deuce hasn't even marked It's territory yet :)
Good job!
The winch has a small leak, (I'll address that soon) but other than that it doesn't leave any spots. A piece of well placed cardboard will do wonders.
I'm truly in awe.

I saw a few drops below my engine compartment this last spring.
It turns out that the engine has a leak...everywhere. Like, all of it.
So, yeah, I'm a 'lol bit jealous.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks