• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

Hi Owen,

It would be really neat to know how well that tool works. I have always just been inclined to remove to old Zerk, poke around with a paperclip or a packing hook or scratch awl to remove the crusty grease... Looking forward to hearing what you discover!

Tim
Hi Tim. Yeah, it was only $43. I may get to try it later this week when the temperature gets above freezing. I think the grease gets solid in between the pin and the leaf spring end too. Hopefully this works. I'll be sure to report back on it.

Dipstick

I received my Grease Fitting Regurgitator tool yesterday. It's really small but hefty. It appears to be very well made and if it works it's well worth the price. I may try it out this week. I have to get some light oil like WD-40 or penetrating oil first. I started and moved Brutus today to deal with 4" of snow and Ice. He started right up. I know Cattlerepairman will think I've jinxed Brutus by saying that.

Dipstick

Today, I used my new grease fitting rejuvinator/regurgitator on the grease fitting I had previously drilled out and tapped. I'll be derned, that little tool worked! I was able to get new grease in and force the old out. It took about 3 tries using PB Blaster and a light brass hammer to free it up. I would have tried some of the other fittings, but it was snowing. After that Brutus took me to Unimart to get a double cheeseburger.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Today, I used my new grease fitting rejuvinator/regurgitator on the grease fitting I had previously drilled out and tapped. I'll be derned, that little tool worked! I was able to get new grease in and force the old out. It took about 3 tries using PB Blaster and a light brass hammer to free it up. I would have tried some of the other fittings, but it was snowing. After that Brutus took me to Unimart to get a double cheeseburger.
Wow! That is great news Owen. Nothing like having the right tool for the job... And I'd bet the burger was a pretty good reward at the end :cool:

Dipstick

Wow! That is great news Owen. Nothing like having the right tool for the job... And I'd bet the burger was a pretty good reward at the end :cool:

Yeah Tim it's a neat little tool. Very well made. I was just tapping it with about a one pound brass hammer. Picking my nose takes more effort. Can't wait to check the other fittings out. Some others may be stuck as well.

fleetmech

Good to hear! [thumbzup]

HN6

HN6 is that part of a kit or did you come up with the design yourself? The mounting bracket looks like it took a ton of fabrication. What were the pictures of the steering wheels showing?
PSC 300 is the kit minus the 5ton pump and bracket. bracket was just a piece of 3/8 plate and I cut slots to weld in the mounts for the ram also just a piece of flat bar welded to the back for the lip. Pretty easy if you weld...just like anything.. easy if your used to doing it. This first install took some thinking but now it would be quick and easy.

Steering wheel was just showing I cut the center out of the original steering wheel and welded it into a smaller steering wheel so I could use the original steer shaft.

After the install I would say that if you are not doing a lot of off-roading then I would probably go with the Waterloo system. If I had to pay for fabrication then this kit would have been about $3500. I can now drive with my knee up the creek.

Dipstick

PSC 300 is the kit minus the 5ton pump and bracket. bracket was just a piece of 3/8 plate and I cut slots to weld in the mounts for the ram also just a piece of flat bar welded to the back for the lip. Pretty easy if you weld...just like anything.. easy if your used to doing it. This first install took some thinking but now it would be quick and easy.

Steering wheel was just showing I cut the center out of the original steering wheel and welded it into a smaller steering wheel so I could use the original steer shaft.

After the install I would say that if you are not doing a lot of off-roading then I would probably go with the Waterloo system. If I had to pay for fabrication then this kit would have been about $3500. I can now drive with my knee up the creek.
Well you did some fine job there HN6! I'm super impressed because I'm just terrible at welding. Never can seem to get the hang of it. My Brutus has power steering too. I believe it's a medium duty International Harvester or Navistar unit. Works like a champ.

jaba76

Registered and insured. New drivers seat. All new light bulbs. Grabbed a jerry can and installed a new tie down strap. Changed the oil and filter. Cleaned up a few spots that were rusting on the tailgate. I discovered a mouse made it’s way into the heater so I need to figure out what to do there. I don’t think there is a nest. Next week fuel filter and tranny fluid! Oh I did something some here will probably cringe over. My tires are MRAP tires. The spare will not fit on the factory holder. I did not like the spare tire holder so I pulled that off. I may mount a tool box in its place. Removing that really cleaned up the look. I love this thing! Ton of fun, or should I say 2.5 tons of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your not alone when i swapped over to 395's with mrap wheels i removed my tool carrier and spare tire carrier. I haven't decided what i want to do yet. i have decided on three options 1 modify the original tire carrier for the 395's, which I've read how to do on here, 2 add another step/box beside the original drivers, or 3 do a dual fuel tank. decisions decisions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks