• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Jeepjake

Just got back from Elk hunting, drove a lil over 300 miles round trip with a 2000 ft vertical climb between destinations. Deuce performed flawlessly right down to the 17 deg coldstart on the way home. I didn't cross any scales, but estimate to have been rolling about 20-21K with the Jeep and the M105 loaded to the bows with tent and gear. Weather and moon were not cooperating as we had very warm days and nights, nonetheless we had an outstanding season (for our unit in Eastern Oregon), filling two of our 6 tags. My wife harvested her first bull. A single clean shot left us with an entire Rocky Mountain Elk worth of undamaged meat, it was hard earned and well worth the effort. She was super excited and I was very proud of her, many memories were logged this last week!

IMG_4195.jpg IMG_4187.jpg IMG_4331.jpg IMG_4325.jpg IMG_4234.jpg

-JJ

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'm waiting on the kingpin support plates to come back tomorrow after the bushings are machined. I called Ouverson Engineering and they said the front lockouts are 2-3 weeks out due to some parts being machined.[/QUOTE]

I gave my truck some new oil and filters. I must say that installing the spin on filter kit was one of the best things I did for the engine. I am also waiting on lockers and lockout hubs from OEM. I don't mind waiting for something that is made here in the USA. I appreciate what they make and am looking forward to receiving some high quality American made parts :)

scottjhl

Lets see... Drove in the West Palm Beach Parade for veterans with my 105 in tow. Was in the static display for the Village of Royal Palm Beach, then drove home.

Today installed a cb mount and antenna, and a HAM antenna and mount. Also removed the passenger bench seat in preperations for replacing with a driver non springer seat. Also planning on the center console, and the 1200 watt inverter with a remote head to install along with the Convertacom for my Motorola handheld to use as a in car HAM radio.

Not bad... but now back to work :(

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the weekly fire up. Chased the lugs and installed two nearly new tires on the rearmost left quarter. Laid ground work to get the table saw, jointer, and planer out of the back and into a shop-like setting. Hopefully this truck will go from warehouse to runabout soon!

pad_cdr

Took a drive out to and through the military cemetary west of town, then changed out four tires. Seems like the tires are a lot heavier than they were 35 years ago. Must be denser air or something like that.

sandcobra164

Planning on driving it tomorrow. That's all mine needs to keep going. It did tow an MK 14 trailer recently and had no issues. C Turbo was screaming but that's how she likes it.

Josh

Replaced passenger side axle seals, wheel bearings and bearing seals. After 45 minutes with a slide hammer and the axle seal not budging, we built a 5ft long slide hammer. Ended up ripping the thread out of the bar inside the axle, re-tapped that, proceeded to beat the ever loving **** out of that seal for another 30 minutes before it finally let go. Spent more time doing just the seal then the entire tear down and putting back together.

bigbird189

I added 12v plugs and a fan. Also relocated my siren to inside the engine bay instead of exposed on the fender. It came this way when I bought. It had a 12v converter already on it when I bought it. The Fire department used it for the lights and sirens.Also took the pump and tank off the truck. Now I have a again bed yea! 20121119_153929.jpg2012-07-07_15-57-50_542.jpg

Last edited:

heywood

regular stuff

Topped off all three differentials,stripped and repainted glovebox,replaced gaskets on all dash lights.
Then went dirt road riding past my new neighbors house who likes to complain about kids on fourwheelers riding past his house.
Welcome to the country neighbor!!!!

heywood

replaced all rear tires ,rebuilt battery box(welding required) fixed fuel leak....
always something to be done...ill be glad when all i have left is PM

maahes

Tightened all the injector lines at the IP, trying to sort out a leak at higher RPM.
Made a new gasket for the fuel lifter pump/tank, and cleaned off the fuel that seeped out the old gasket and down the side of the tank.
Jiggled wires and cleaned connections to figure out why the fuel gauge doesn't work and the battery gauge reads mid yellow while I get 25-27 volts off the batteries.

Transported the smoker and accessories to my parents house to get ready for Thanksgiving, the bed made my 30in smoker look quite small :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks