• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Armorsolutions

Sd rocker
http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=436

So far, I like the motors. The wiper arms suck. Had to customize and build frankenwiper from 1/2 anco arm and the one kit comes with to get it to take modern anco size 13 blades. Wiring is straight forward. Also replaced the bumper retainer with a flat washer and it worked much better. Mounts clean. Wipers have 1 speed setting but have auto stop. I wired them to a switch that is mounted where the old air switch was. When I get to a computer instead of ipad i can post pics.

catpowerguy

M221 no brakes!!!

I Just lost one of the half inch brake lines in my m221 and now having a rough time finding a replacement for it any help would be handy thanks

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished wire brushing, pressure washing and flat black painting 7 wheels. They have the 11.00-20 G286 mounted and I can't wait to put them onto the truck.

A couple of tires had severe overspray (thanks to previous owner) and it was a pain in the butt to remove.

PropDr

I Just lost one of the half inch brake lines in my m221 and now having a rough time finding a replacement for it any help would be handy thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Have a hose shop make up replacements out of Aeroquip #666 hose or equivalent (Teflon inner with a 300 series stainless outer braid). If you want it to match the rest of the hoses put black shrink sleeve over it before you install it.

trukhead

Put some electricity back in the system

I am not pleased I bought this $99 dollar chinese Delco. Ill let you all know how it works out. I didn't modify the original bracket mount. I drilled the tension bracket end out to !/2 inch. The pictures tell the story.:jumpin:

I'll post more if there is interest.

Attachments

catpowerguy

thanks! I was having a hard time finding a way to replace them it was nice out and i got the chance to take her out for the first time off the year and that happened. I can now take the old hot rod out and clean out them cob webs.

ryker725

I started it and drove it around the yard telling it how happy it will be with a new M105 coupled up to it on Thursday evening after my recovery..

jimh1985

1. oil filter's and fuel filter's
2. gave it a bath!
3. gave her a fresh tank of WMO
4. greased it up and topped off all the gear lube.
:driver: Oh and put 300 more miles on her.

BlueToes

Well, i went and got me another deuce! my 3rd. It's a multi-fuel that runs just fine, has tires that are holding air, and lots of character. I can pick up right away, make payments, and it was only $1000! will save half that in moveing my stuff around and out of the yard, like two school buses. Was a hard sell to the wife, but is just makes good sense too me! did'nt get the year because i was so jazzed at the sound of the running engine.....and sounds lilke a turbo in there too! Got some pictures as well.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i went and got me another deuce! my 3rd. It's a multi-fuel that runs just fine, has tires that are holding air, and lots of character. I can pick up right away, make payments, and it was only $1000! will save half that in moveing my stuff around and out of the yard, like two school buses. Was a hard sell to the wife, but is just makes good sense too me! did'nt get the year because i was so jazzed at the sound of the running engine.....and sounds lilke a turbo in there too! Got some pictures as well.
Good score!
Uh.... SOUNDS like a turbo? Are you saying you started it without even opening the hood and checking to see if she had any OIL in it??? and do a general safety check??? HMMM.... Treat her like a baby and she'll serve you for years to come. KNOW your truck and she will love you. Ignore her NEEDS and you'll kill her quickly.

But I forgot, this is your 3rd....

91W350

I gave a van loaded with scrap a 50 foot shove. One of the guys at the yard blocked my M 105s in with it. It was kind of fun in a distorted way. Van had no tires and now has badly bent back doors. It was crusher fodder anyway. Did a little plowing though. 8^)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave a van loaded with scrap a 50 foot shove. One of the guys at the yard blocked my M 105s in with it. It was kind of fun in a distorted way. Van had no tires and now has badly bent back doors. It was crusher fodder anyway. Did a little plowing though. 8^)
Sound's like an "Urban Renewal" operational demonstration to me. HEHEHE.

Didn't happen this week, but a couple of months ago I used the front bumper of The ARK to "relocate" a neighborhood business's dumpster that had gradually "migrated" too close to the curb-line. It was obvious that they were trying to squeeze more cars into their small front parking lot. They blocked the sidewalk and the dumspter was hanging off the curb into a shoulderless 4-lane through street. I did it on a saturday, so they probably think the trash company "cleared the sidewalk", and on the other hand, the trash-truck driver probably didn't even notice the change.

It's FUN pushing things around - :beer:

Darwin T

It is the official GI hoist for transmissions and transfers. Rated for 1K pounds.

Very nifty.
did yours come with instructions on maintance and operation? i bought one and gave it to my mechanic for his birthday. when he replaced my cluch on my M109a3 it took 3 people to get it back together 2 under the truck and one with a cell phone to call 911 if it fell on them. :shock: since i have no mechanical skills :drool: i wanted to make sure if he had to pull another transmission he could do it safely so he could work on my trucks. :beer:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
did yours come with instructions on maintance and operation? i bought one and gave it to my mechanic for his birthday. when he replaced my cluch on my M109a3 it took 3 people to get it back together 2 under the truck and one with a cell phone to call 911 if it fell on them. :shock: since i have no mechanical skills :drool: i wanted to make sure if he had to pull another transmission he could do it safely so he could work on my trucks. :beer:
:funny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks