• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

maxxplanck

Just been order parts, thats all I do during the winter for my trucks. Just got a new set of 20 foot slave cables a week ago, and waiting on a new troop strap and soft top for the cab should be here by Tuesday....:jumpin:

HASSON1911

trying to eliminate why my heads squirt oil, but only after she gets over 2100rpms if it just idles nothing but after 2100 you can open the hood up and see oil bubbling out. not enough to measure on the dip stick, or even see coolant in the oil or vise versa, just enough to piss me off, i like my engine like i like my women CLEAN!:beer: any hints?

Seth_O

Finally installed my trailer electrical connectors and converter box. It's mounted under the bed, and plugs into the standard deuce trailer connector, converts everything to 12v and standard RV 7 blade and civvy 4 pin and 7 pin connectors. Now I can haul almost any civvy trailer I want!

SoundGuy

I repaired the air boosted. I plan on replacing all rubber brake hoses on her over the next few weeks. I can lock up the wheels easily with her empty now. I also built a power bleeder.

I also installed a battery cut off switch on the center bump next to the brake fluid trap door. I robbed the slave jack to do this, but it works very well.

Coondawg

I finished bobbing mine over the weekend. Was originally a 1967 M35a2c, depot overhauled in 1989, retired from service in 2007. I bobbed it with a M105 bed, A3 wheels, and 14.00R20 Goodyears using the procedure from the the XM381.com web site. I'm a Big Lebowski fan, so I couldn't resist putting The Dude somewhere on it. Consequently, I have 13 NDT tires mounted on rims if anybody near Northwest Florida needs some. 11 look nearly new, 2 have some weathering on the side walls.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broke it! - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/80466-air-pack-malfunction-need-advice.html

I was correct when I figured the air pack froze up. Putting my heater under the air pack warmed it but did not thaw it. I wasn't sold on driving home if thawing the air pack worked as there were several long, nasty, downshifting required hills on the ride home.
That RED-FACED-DEUCE is either EMBARASSED or ANGRY about being towed home.

Awesome photo-effect with the Wrecker's Brake Lights illuminating the front end :-D

Glad you were thinking SAFETY FIRST.

shenkmen

Max - If that winery was closer I would have just started drinking.

USA / indy - Ha, ha. Nice. She's happy now that I've thrown some money at her and let her dry out.

dutchguy

In the middle of some small projects.
Drained fuel tank of skanky WMO from previous owner. Carried 20 gal of fresh diesel in cans, "installed". Replaced secondary fuel filters, waiting on spin-on adaptor for primary. Ordered flame preheat filter. Drilled for and installed new 3-bow soft top supports (mine had 2 rods?). Removed gigantic NAPA muffler.
Need to replace J-pipe, rebuild preheat nozzle assembly, debug flame heater, rebuild west-coast mirrors.
The Deuce is in my barn (9 x 8 door is a tight fit).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks