• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

goldwing2000

Banned
In the middle of some small projects.
Drained fuel tank of skanky WMO from previous owner. Carried 20 gal of fresh diesel in cans, "installed". Replaced secondary fuel filters, waiting on spin-on adaptor for primary. Ordered flame preheat filter. Drilled for and installed new 3-bow soft top supports (mine had 2 rods?). Removed gigantic NAPA muffler.
Need to replace J-pipe, rebuild preheat nozzle assembly, debug flame heater, rebuild west-coast mirrors.
The Deuce is in my barn (9 x 8 door is a tight fit).
What are you going to do with that muffler? :beer:

Blueduce

Repaired dented corner bed post, Installed new headache rack lumber, primed and painted new lumber. Also removed drivers seat for maintenance and repairs.
I also found a leak on the rear of my transition. I was giving the truck a once over with the grease gun when I saw oil sprayed all over the undercarriage. I think it's coming from my main drive shaft seal since it does not drip or leak while it just sits. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to replace this seal. I'm a newbie and never done this repair before. Is it something I could do by myself. Thanks

Attachments

Horst

removed a wasp nest in the cabin, scrapped out all the dirt left from the previous owner, cleaned and re-painted the seats. Realized how much more is to do. Leave the rusty sheet metal but start working on the brakes.

Attachments

salvorone@aol.com

oh bring that up ! i was happy in life , playing with my deuce , then RAYZER showed up ,hung around the shop with photos of his cool deuce tractor painting the windshield frames and dash ,making her look sooo easy , this week i started the tear down , removed the dash , windshield and hood, dragged it all to the sandblast pit and threw it in a heap. bought new windshields , dash lights, air hoses behind dash, and other things im too lazy to list , sand blasting tomorrow , saturday painting , and next week ill put her back together , i hope . so if RAZER come to your house , DONT LOOK AT THE PICTURES !!! this is contagious stuff. :driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plugged, Patched & Sealed the Punctures on and around the roof of the 1960 Kingham 26' Box Van Trailer.

The easiest access to the trailer roof was to snuggle the Deuce up nice and close to the side of the trailer, fold down the Troop Seat, and just scooch up and down using the Deuce's sideboard & seat as a scaffold.

Sometimes I seem so "clever" that I frighten myself. [thumbzup]:doh:rofl

Welder Sam

On my soft top i swapped headlights and turn lights for led units. Then added popsicle lights and put it all on freshly repainted flat top gaurds. Now to hang a winch on there!

I dont take oics when im busy.. thats the wifes dept...

Hoefler

M36A3 added lockouts, flipped the copper disc in starter solenoid and dressed up the contacts, replaced all of the O rings near fuel filter base. Installed new fuel filter. She runs sweet and no leak!
Seems like starter motor really spins fast now.

rockyroad217

Replaced all the wheel cylinders, master cylinder, repacked bearings, bled brakes, changed oil. That's all before I could even drive it after buying it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks