• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Well, it's not what I did TO mine, it's what I did with it.

Have to do some carpentry work around the house, and needed several hundred feet of different size boards. Some of the lumber needed to be fairly long (16-18 feet) and the little trailer I pull behind my Cherokee is too short.

So I hopped in the Deuce and drove the 20 miles to the lumber yard.

Was really surprising, about 5 or 6 of the yard hands came up asking all the usual questions about the truck. They seemed genuinely impressed with it.

One guy I was talking to told me had an old Deuce bed that he had bought out of Ft. Polk a few years back, but no truck. I was kind of interested since my bed is not in the best shape. But the description he gave indicated his was no better than mine. Got his number in case, though.

LC

SMOKEWAGON66

Had my first MV visitor at my LZ today. My buddy from work brought his '70 AMG M35 by so I could assist him in changing some tires that were badly worn out. We swapped out two tires and then moved two. The new ones he had for the front were recap's and I informed him that recaps do not belong on steers, so we took two good ones from the rears and put them up front and put the evil recaps on the back outsides. In payment for the help, he gave me a canvas top for my truck, and a vinyl one too. So now my truck has a top finally. Heres a couple pics. The 3rd pic is his cargo cover. Its an original canvas cover...not a vinyl one. I told him to hang on to that lol.

Attachments

Had my first MV visitor at my LZ today. My buddy from work brought his '70 AMG M35 by so I could assist him in changing some tires that were badly worn out. We swapped out two tires and then moved two. The new ones he had for the front were recap's and I informed him that recaps do not belong on steers, so we took two good ones from the rears and put them up front and put the evil recaps on the back outsides. In payment for the help, he gave me a canvas top for my truck, and a vinyl one too. So now my truck has a top finally. Heres a couple pics. The 3rd pic is his cargo cover. Its an original canvas cover...not a vinyl one. I told him to hang on to that lol.
Congrats on the soft top aquisition! Looks good! Now all ya gotta do is get the bed back on. The truck looks a little pekid without it. lol [thumbzup]

ryan77

Picked up 5 55 gal drums of wmo from member Ranchopper! Used a garden hose and a little pump to unload it! Wife says its the most white trash thing ive ever done!!!lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1341763357.160146.jpg

SMOKEWAGON66

Got more painting done. I didnt do a "pro" job on the frame rails, but I tried to get the bumperettes as smooth as possible so the bumper numbers will turn out good. Moving along...next weekend Ill do my best to get the bed painted up and re-attached to the truck, and then do another coat or two of green paint.

Attachments

Welder Sam

Got more painting done. I didnt do a "pro" job on the frame rails, but I tried to get the bumperettes as smooth as possible so the bumper numbers will turn out good. Moving along...next weekend Ill do my best to get the bed painted up and re-attached to the truck, and then do another coat or two of green paint.
is it as flat as you first thought?

EWhytsell

Moved a huge tree out of my neighbors yard, it was large enough that I could only take off in 1st/low to get the idea. I probably could have burned a lot of clutch in 2nd gear, but didn't see any good reason to do that.

Then I made a glad hand - air coupler quick connector that I've been meaning to make.

Welder Sam

No...its a semi-gloss paint to match the 24087 style paint job. Its turning out really good I think. It looks better out in the sun instead of cooped up in its cave. It takes a good while for it to fully cure though.
good deal! you said previously that she used flat paint and that wasnt right. im glad its turning out!

lavarok

Paint, paint, and more paint....also took the seats out of one of my drop sides to bed liner the inside. Then more paint and paint and on to the next truck. Did I mention paint?

Oh yea, to the guys that recommended a "pressure pot"....much thanks!! Time to retire the gravity fed HVLP gun.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Where did you get your spot lights on your mirrors from?
Those are the current make of spot lights. I have a set and like the old metal ones better, but I'm keeping mine as I have an intended use for 'em. Since they are plastic, they need a positive AND a negative lead ran to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks