• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

I finally got my lazy rear in gear and put some primer to the bed. I also got a little more of the truck painted. Im going to do more this evening and probably some tomorrow as well. Wont be long now till its all green and I can put it back together again.

Few pics...

Attachments

caliber1

Where did you get the handles with the right bolt spread?
I'd also like to know where you found them. Finding the right bolt spread has been impossible so far!
Hey guys, I got them from a supplier of mine that only sells to OEM manufacturers, which I happen to be. Also had to buy 10 at a time. I do have some extras at the shop, just PM me. Had to modify the one for the deuce and bead blast the chrome off.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started replacing my old T-case with a NOS one. Old T-Case has a bearing that was going to eventually go out, so I decided to replace it on my terms instead of down the road.

I used a chain and the access panel in the center floor area to lift and then lower it to the ground, moved over the mounts to the new one and then lifted it into place and re-mounted it. My brother and I still need to bolt in all the drive shafts, shifter linkage and E-Brake, but that should be finished tomorrow.

BTW, two of the bolts holding the T-case drive shaft to the Transmission were only "hand tight" when we removed them. I'm really glad my brother discovered them before they decided to leave my truck. Who knows how much damage that little shaft would have done bouncing around below my floor board if it had came loose.

Sorry for the bad pictures, all I had was my phone...

Attachments

91W350

I drove mine to the old guys table at the local restaurant. When I got home I stripped off some winch cable and sprayed the drum and cable with chain lube. I rolled the cable back on and sprayed the outer layers. I swapped out all three fuel filters and did a level check. No leaks, every thing was full and it is running great. That is good as I may have a trip to Texas in my future, 8)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a 24 volt windshield washer pump. It pumped so well I thought the thing was going to punch holes in the glass!! Wired the hot lead to a circuit breaker on the firewall and ran the ground through a momentary switch on the dash.
Cut the hose from the tank and connect to the pump inlet. The other side to the outlet. The hose beneath the dash has a tee with a check valve. Plug the side that goes to the manual pump, leave the smaller hose going to the discharge alone.
The pump cost $19.95 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14060403784...tem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:MOTORS:3160&vxp=mtr

7-28-12 Update: I had to replace the tubing and reducer fitting because the pressure was high enough to blow the old hoses off the fitting, squirting washer fluid behind the instrument panel. New hose and fitting and now, no problems!

Attachments

Last edited:

ccf460

Picked up a M105 to start the bob job, put 2 newer matching batteries in, and just stared at the truck & trailer dreaming ( and wondering what I am going to do with the extra parts).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks