• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bushing and a rebuilt transmission .. When I pulled the transmission I noticed ther was no pilot bushing in the flywheel.. Dang army mechanics..lol

RECONJON

Lots of work going on with the rehab to shelter project. But this week we changed oil and filters, changed the fuel filter,rebled sytem and started up great. Loaded up Max and Sasha (dogs) in the shop van and went out for a ride and checked the systems since the filters were just done. All systems are mission capable.

91W350

Changed out three fuel filters on my 68, they were beyond nasty. I suspect some of the fuel I have been burning out of the salvage trucks is less than good, probably should not be using it at all, but the price is free.....

Ducelove

Yes I deal with a few company's and guys that are local that dismantle 2 1/2 tons and 5 tons but I was lookin for a part # for napa seals or national seals something I don't have to order and wait a week for

maxspeed3

You've got several options for parts for your deuce:
C&C Equipment, Boyce Equipment Axles and Military Parts, and of course Military vehicles for sale, surplus military vehicles for sale to name a few.[thumbzup]
I also think my front left is also starting to go as well. I need to look at it closer to make sure.... If your going to get parts I'd go with C & C Equipment, I ordered the new clutch kit from them and they shipped it out same day. It got to my house in MN in 2 days. Good luck with the replacement! Make a thread with some photos of the tear down and install to help us out!

rronning84

I have picked up a few floor cabinets and a closet from Lowes. These are built by Kobalt and are pretty dang stout. These will be the foundation for my counters to sit on and provide storage for my gear on the trip to Alaska.

Attachments

FatBuddhaBoo

You sure that the hubs are flipped? It doesn't look like it in the picture. :3dAngus:
Well I'm going on the words of the owner, who is a member on here and has owned plenty of deuces. Talking to him he certainly knows his stuff, and an up close visual it certainly looks like it. I've researched hub flipping on the site, and will know for certain this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks