• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rolling18

Very nice!
Just don't do what I did!! go off roading and bend the piston shaft that hangs below your axle!! ask me how I know and have to drive back barly able to steer..
Im having a custom made plate to guard that whole area (5/16 plate steel!!_) under radiator down past the steering power cylinder. and i have the 48" MVT's!!
talk about 2 arms full on a small skinny guy ..lol

Woodsplinter

Ha! I think I remember an earlier post from you about that.
The steel plate sounds like a good idea.
Actually I had forgotten about the off-road hazards, but don't do much out here anyway.

Dipstick

Nice air steering install! I'm skinny too. Power steering is nice to have. Just got finished installing a new passenger side headlight bucket after I got home from work at 06:30. Painted it O.D. Green at work last night. It was 25 degrees outside and I didn't even feel the cold. Deuce fever will do that to you. Did it wearing my headlamp.

I learned something valuable about mil connectors that I want to pass on. If the male boot doesn't slip on all the way, the male pin inside may have turned sideways and not entered the female connector. That's what my #91 male ground connector did and the lack of a good ground was causing me to blow the passenger side headlight. Be careful/observant when making your connections.

Ford Mechanic

Changed fuel filters reinstalled and found out that all the rust in the bottom of my primary that I cleaned out, was sealing several pinholes. Ordered new primary filter can from White Owl.

sandcobra164

Ford Mechanic,
I wished you would have searched around on here a little and got some part numbers on swapping over to a spin on primary. The parts are at your local Napa and you can adapt the mounting plate for your standard primary filter set up to the newer spin on filter head.

As for me, I spent the annual $125 for 5 gallons of oil and new spin on filters, Shell Rotella 15W40 and Napa 1794 filters. I did get about 5 gallons of WMO to add to the tank so that's about a $20 rebate!!!!

Seth_O

Lots of work on the deuce this weekend, hallelujah. I sorted out an intermittent charging spike on the 12v alt; turns out it needed a new ground. After that I finished up the axle breather tubes, then fixed the soft brakes with a good re-bleed. I also finished rebuilding the Ross H54 that's been sitting in my garage for months. And cleaned the garage. Good weekend.

Ford Mechanic

Ford Mechanic,
I wished you would have searched around on here a little and got some part numbers on swapping over to a spin on primary. The parts are at your local Napa and you can adapt the mounting plate for your standard primary filter set up to the newer spin on filter head.

As for me, I spent the annual $125 for 5 gallons of oil and new spin on filters, Shell Rotella 15W40 and Napa 1794 filters. I did get about 5 gallons of WMO to add to the tank so that's about a $20 rebate!!!!
Yeah I knew about the spin on kit, but running low on $ for my M35 at the moment so I just reused the new filter and bought a new can. The spin on kits are in the works starting at the next oil change hopefully.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello Everyone, And today with the engine oil 4 quarts low, I added 4 quarts of LUCAS oil treatment. I also added 1/2 quart of LUCAS injector cleaner to my fuel tank. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

oklacowboy

What did I do?

I read this entire thread from post 1 to here.

and saved some pictures along the way while formulating my ideas for what I want in my deuce.

RAYZER

Soft top repair.
I had a perfectly good soft top on my deuce, I was going down the road, when all of a sudden the stitching started letting go across the front, glad it wasn't raining.( older style tops are sewen, newer style tops are plastic welded).
Heres how I fixed it, the epoxy kit cost was $35.00 from west marine.
First I cleaned the surfaces to be glued with acetone, mixed up some epoxy and laid a bead, clamped the straight edge to hold the plastic rails down tight for 5 hrs, (put some electrical tape on the straight edge so it would release in case some epoxy oozed through). Good as new!!
uploadfromtaptalk1357006756342.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357006781973.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357006798156.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357006814922.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Took the deuce (and the mule) out for a little offroading.

December2012007.jpgDecember2012008.jpgDecember2012011.jpgDecember2012012.jpgDecember2012021.jpgDecember2012022.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks