• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

wildbill88

DEPOT MAINTENANCE BABY!

removing and re installing heat ex-changer
removing and re-installing fuel filter pack over the tappet plate
remove install and tappet cover

and all this to stop the huge leak on the side of the block

all this on an M35a2 1967 Kaiser
wish me luck

phil2968

I guess if would have completely removed the spindles before the axle I would have found my vibration problem. Spindle bushing was gone! Oh well the axle is out and so is the chunk so it is a complete rebuild at this point!
Hey Steve6x6x6! I need some parts!
Wife, bring me a beer!

Attachments

Dipstick

Thanks for the great pictures. It really helps me to understand how the Deuce's front axle works. Like your flatbed too.

I drove my bobber to N.J. inspection Friday. They told me my truck was exempt and didn't require inspection. Saturday, my son and I drove him to our pistol club and practiced our shooting skills.

Thrust

I had 1 pecan tree that was full of pecans. I missed the pecan shaker guys who quit a couple of weeks ago. I decided to improvise. I "bumped" it with my truck. Lined up the front bumper right at the frame, placed a couple of towels on it and began. Did it a few times and got over 40 lbs of pecans to rain down. It's about a 20 inch diameter tree. I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed the show.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 1 pecan tree that was full of pecans. I missed the pecan shaker guys who quit a couple of weeks ago. I decided to improvise. I "bumped" it with my truck. Lined up the front bumper right at the frame, placed a couple of towels on it and began. Did it a few times and got over 40 lbs of pecans to rain down. It's about a 20 inch diameter tree. I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed the show.
Now that's a GREEN (agricultural) USE for a Deuce! ! ! GOOD JOB [thumbzup] shaking your nutz outta the tree!
2cents:driver:

FatBuddhaBoo

Hopefully someone got some pics of that in action!!!

:driver:

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey pagasus55, what are those lights i see left and right of the winch drum, and on top of the bumper? Are they LED?
They are military 24V with hi/lo beam lights. Not LED's, but they are brighter than the truck headlights. I think they're lights for M60 tanks. Got them from Doc Farmall.

welldigger

Yes. You remove the original filter canister but the head remains. There's a gasket that goes between the adapter and the filter head. The skinny threaded end goes up through the filter head and is secured using the original nut. Then simply spin on your new filter. Keep in mind you must loosen the alternater and lift it up out of the way. If you need I still have the gasket and filter # along with the original instructions. Did your kit not come with these things?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks