• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed out the front axle boots…again. Well, one of them. The inner ring for the right side broke, so I'm waiting for the new one so I can finish the job.

Rusty nuts

Dropped in a new motor. Fired it up tonight and other than a few fuel leaks, she purred like a kitten. A lot quieter and a NO blowby! Finally got tired of being asked if my truck was on fire from the blowby coming out the crankcase vent tube :p

Attachments

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced a cracked ball valve at the Emergency gladhand. Installed new LED tail lights. Converted the Allison from motor oil to C4-Rated Dexron III using 4 Drain and Fills followed by a fifth drain, blowing out the oil cooler supply and return lines per the TM, replacing the intrernal and external filters, and refilling one last time. Sure glad that's done! Thanks be to God it still works! Sure shifts smoother too! Maybe the rear end wont try to swap ends with the front end this winter (like it did last year) when it downshifts in the snow!

Now its time to tackle all of the wheel bearings (re-packing) and replacing all seals on all axles... Isn't there a thread on here about "The True Cost of Deuce Ownership" :shock: ?

RobM36A2

Tried to change the primary fuel filter.
Put the generator aside, drained the filter, almost nothing came out...
When i went to unscrew the fuel lines, so tight, i could not lossen them, it started to rain..
Since my deuce stays outside, i chucked every tool inside and went home..

lavarok

Tried to change the primary fuel filter.
Put the generator aside, drained the filter, almost nothing came out...
When i went to unscrew the fuel lines, so tight, i could not lossen them, it started to rain..
Since my deuce stays outside, i chucked every tool inside and went home..
You should not have to loosen fuel lines to change the primary fuel filter. Nor do you need to move the generator. A large open ended wrench (1" irc) up top will loose the bolt, with a helper or your other hand hold the canister so it doesn't drop and make a mess or worse break.

HanksDeuce

I won a large portable crane (fancy 6000lbs capacity engine hoist) on GL. I've been looking for a donor Cummins engine for months. The wait for a new engine/auto tranny continues.

RobM36A2

You should not have to loosen fuel lines to change the primary fuel filter. Nor do you need to move the generator. A large open ended wrench (1" irc) up top will loose the bolt, with a helper or your other hand hold the canister so it doesn't drop and make a mess or worse break.
My bad about the lines, misunderstood Scramblers directions
I moved the generator to have more room. It helps a lot! Now to find a helper to hold the canister.
By the way, the filter I got is not so long as the canister and looks to have like some sort of stone lining.
The secundary filters are almost twice as long... and look more like normal fuel filters.

I try again tomorrow.. It's past 9pm here and very dark outside..

welldigger

My bad about the lines, misunderstood Scramblers directions
I moved the generator to have more room. It helps a lot! Now to find a helper to hold the canister.
By the way, the filter I got is not so long as the canister and looks to have like some sort of stone lining.
The secundary filters are almost twice as long... and look more like normal fuel filters.

I try again tomorrow.. It's past 9pm here and very dark outside..
The primary filter is shorter so any water in the fuel can drain to the bottom of the canister.

RobM36A2

With a little help, finally changed the fuel filters.
The old primary filter was twice as long as the new one, but the new has original part nr.
Then the secundairies..
Bled them, unscrew nr 1, hey, no filter inside but a load of slime and goo.. Unscrew nr 2, yep, filter and a lot of slime and goo..
Flushed out the casings, replaced all the washers and rubbers I could find and put 2 new filters in.

The whole process took about 3 hours, not bad.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick switch of the gladhand seals, then off to the event we had this weekend. Cops and Kids is a big deal for us, took her there and she got climbed over by hundreds of kids. Scared the life out of our guys when one of them blew the horn. Went through an amazing amount of candy too.

2013-09-08 10.44.32.jpg2013-09-08 12.51.25.jpg

VP17IFT

Took the Deuce out for a run to Daleville by work to pick up a tool then on to Enterprise to get building supplies for the newest item on the honey do list, cement block and concrete (1 light trip in the Deuce or 3 trips in my pickup) lots of fun riding around lower Alabama.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks