• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Carlo

We'll I wish I could say what have I done to my deuce this week but I can't. Maybe there should be a thread What didn't I do to my deuce this week.
I must confess to you my brothers, I have one of the nicest M35A2's in Europe as in all original unrestored. 1966 with a white motor , C turbo BUT I have so many things that need sorting that I just keep putting off. She just sets there at the coner of the shop semi buried by 5 tons. I envie you all and praise your progress you make on your M35's. This thread gives me the want to finish my truck some day.

Aerialfred

Got out to recheck my deuce antifreeze today. Good to go. 50's today and supposed to be below 0 this week! 16 degrees tonight, and -5 Monday and Tuesday nights with teens during those days. It is gonna be cold in a lot of other states too. Take care of animals AND watch out for your neighbors. See if they need any help. Carry on.

drmerc

Replaced the old brake light switch with the newer air type switch. Got the kit from erics supply. Seems to work good!

g2065g

fixed my oil leak

I pulled of the line that runs from the block to the IP. It was leaking a fair amount, stead drip. It was about 10 bucks with new fittings, ferrules, inserts and the line. The job was easy but attaching it back into the block side took about 30 minutes just to get the threads to start(not much room there!). The line didn't have the insert in either side and the ferrules were half cocked on both ends.

Waiting on my MC rebuild kit, gallon of dot5 and my 2 tires to thaw so I can get the water out of them and air 'em up then I should finally have it on the road.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

brianp454

Thanks for the info and good pics! I always use the little ferrules with the plastic tubing and compression fittings. It reinforces the inner diameter of the tubing and prevents it from being crushed. I'm also careful about not overtightening the compression fittings.

I pulled of the line that runs from the block to the IP. It was leaking a fair amount, stead drip. It was about 10 bucks with new fittings, ferrules, inserts and the line. The job was easy but attaching it back into the block side took about 30 minutes just to get the threads to start(not much room there!). The line didn't have the insert in either side and the ferrules were half cocked on both ends.

Waiting on my MC rebuild kit, gallon of dot5 and my 2 tires to thaw so I can get the water out of them and air 'em up then I should finally have it on the road.

View attachment 471096View attachment 471095View attachment 471097

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to install West Coast mirrors. Failed entirely getting pins out. Will bring the big torch home next time.

Installed some LED lights up front on Winch, nice to have low current draw lights to work up front.

Cleaned. Cleaned more, Cleaned more again. Wired in the scanner to the headsets up front.
All this to get truck ready for Kidzapalooza, she will br climbed on and pulled at for 8 hours by small children, so she needs to be her best.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put some heat on the HINGE and PIN ( USE A SMALL WELDING TIP ) and the pin should come out , then I drilled out the hinge oversize and used a 5/16" bolt and lock nut . Little 383 green and good as new .

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put some heat on the HINGE and PIN ( USE A SMALL WELDING TIP ) and the pin should come out , then I drilled out the hinge oversize and used a 5/16" bolt and lock nut . Little 383 green and good as new .
Yeah i only had a little torch and was windy etc so just was not being effective. Taking the good one home and will give it a good blast with that, with luck it will go as you said.

Chevracer87

Yeah i only had a little torch and was windy etc so just was not being effective. Taking the good one home and will give it a good blast with that, with luck it will go as you said.
I have a few spare sets of hinges with the pins removed if your unable to get them out. I believe I'm right down the street from you.

mjcdetroit

Last week I shoveled off 15 inches of snow in 13° below 0°F to discover a little green snow below the motor. Traced the leaking to the hoses. So I tightened them all up. Seems good so far.

IMG_20140106_102443_017.jpg
IMG_20140106_112101_372.jpg
(Not sure why that pic is sideways..it should not be.)

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few spare sets of hinges with the pins removed if your unable to get them out. I believe I'm right down the street from you.
Thanks! My store is in Clintonville, and I am down in Ashville. Fingers crossed i will get these out, just not sure if i will tackle it before the weekend.

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcUOr0soAo

recovered a D4 equivalent out in east Texas. It had been sitting for about 20years. took a bit to break it loose but finally manage to get it rolling. biggest obstacle was crossing a creek bottom. the video doesn't do the operation justice. The owner of the dozer couldn't believe we actually got it moved. To be honest i had my doubts.

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it ! nice old dozer . Did you get it running ? Plan on restoring it ?
The owner (my brothers future father inlaw) I believe is going to continue to try and get running. He has been working on it for sometime but wanted it to be located in a place he could get it on a trailer in the event it exceeded his mechanical ability. It was quite the site when we hooked up some jumper cables to it and it turned over. My brothers groomsmen were elbow deep in diesel, oil, and grease trying to get fuel to the injectors. It was quite the bachelor party

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks