• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Yesterday I mounted my newly purchased 66" Ibis Tek HID lights on my duece, since I live out in the boonies it's an 1 hour minimum round trip drive time, I needed to purchase some SS nuts, bolts and washers. TedG has them for sale here, just a plug cuz I'm really impressed with them. Today I will finish up the electrical connections and tonight I'm gonna light up the night.

RobM36A2

Went to see if my M36 was still in the same place I left it.
Scrambler told me to go look at it, so looked around, nothing special.
When I opened the door, I could not believe my eyes, new seat cover, and the passenger bench also new cover and stuffed, like new.. :shock:
Turns out, Scrambler made them as a thank you gift for helping him around his workshop. :)

rwminck

Weekend work

Route a new fuel line to my new Primary fuel spin on from John (pic upside down), Installed Spin-on oil filters, replaced most of my gauges and dash plates. Started to re-wire the control signal bird cage, replace all reflectors and replaced the front signal lights with new composites and finally replaced both front windows with new. Fuel tank replacement is next along with preserving and painting the battery box brackets and front grill redesign.

cab.jpgprimary.jpg
right side.jpgoil filters.jpg

Last edited:

hunderliggur

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390782848.169054.jpg Replaced the ether cylinder and it started right up, after jumping from the M1009. The batteries appear to be shot..I had to get the cylinder from AlbanCat, not cold enough usually around here for the heavy truck suppliers to stock it, or a couple of truck stops.

EWhytsell

Wife got herself stuck in a 3ft snow drift a few miles from our house on her way to work. Called me at 5am to tell me I need to come get her and that the roads where drifted over enought that I'll have a fun time getting to the highway. Got dressed, M35 has a block heater and had already been plugged in the night before anticipating some fun. Starts like its summer time so off I go to pull her out. No good story about pulling it out, 4,000lb truck vs 14,000lb 6x6 nothing to see lol, but I have serious respect for the army boys who had to spend any real hours in these trucks during winter. Summer even on days of high `90's I've been completely comfortable driving the truck, but wow you just can't get away from winter even with the crappy coolant heater/defroster on.

On a positive note my 11.00x20 Goodyear G286's make the truck perform as good as any civi vehicle when stopping and turning in snow. Traction is decent too even at full pressure, but I'm sure I could find the limit real quick just like I do when hitting a soft spot in my yard;-)

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A2 brake lights are out and I consulted the TM';s to find there's a switch on the air-hydraulic cylinder that is the brake light source. I shall now try to find this switch location and test it...Traffic police please be patient!

dezert ratt

Last weekend I took my cargo cover off and flipped it around and reinstalled by myself. It was much easier rolling up the sides and folding it into a burrito!
And yes I had installed it backwards the first time. That is why I had to flip it..

cobra5

Hooked up the trailer and dragged it around. I didn't leave the property so I didn't bother hooking up the air line for the brakes or safety chains.

I like the pintle hitch on the front bumper because it makes it easy to push the trailer into a parking spot. BTW that's the wife pushing back the trailer, not bad for someone who has never driven anything bigger than a pickup truck.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Installed rear cross member, bumperettes, and 2" receiver hitch. I also cut and drilled new wood bed spacers and my brother welded up the bed that we cut down to 9' and did a little body work on the truck and bed.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working through the many steps and activities involved in adding west coast mirrors. Nothing has gone right with this but one is done, now on to other side. May well reduce their spread though, they make truck awful wide. Am considering taking brackets of and moving them inward a bit.

2014-02-17 15.00.39.jpg

WRMorrison

Getting ready for the power steering install, so I removed the LF fender and wheel/tire for better access. Ross box is giving me fits trying to remove it...

-WRM

tire_and_fender_removed[1].jpglast_bolt_on_Ross_box[1].jpg

-WRM

Kloakndagr

This week I hooked up a solargizer I purchased awhile ago. Finished the cab hardtop insulation, installed a fire extinguisher and now am working on an air hose reel to mount near the gas tank.image.jpg
Drove it around the property for fun, for about an hour. This truck has come ALONG way in less than a year. The before/after photos are insane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks