• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

wilfreeman

My Brother got the deuce cab painted inside and out. Frame will be painted tomorrow. Bed will be reinstalled and painted Tuesday. I tore the troop seats apart to get them ready for new wood (composite decking) - this was NOT a fun job! Took me 5hrs to remove the old wood and rusty hardware. I have a writeup about it on my deuce blog: http://duecem35a2.wordpress.com

DSCI1151.jpgDSCI1150.jpg2014-03-02 15.57.26.jpg2014-03-02 15.57.38.jpg

Last edited:

Streetgliderx

Like Your "JACK" , 395's make a big difference in the ride quality . Looking good !
Yeah my "JACK" made that job easy. I used a Komatsu forklift to set the tires on the hubs and it went together fast. Only complaint I have is those big tires turned my hot little deuce into a slow moving farm implement!!! Gonna change filters, add a pyro, and turn it up a little. Next weekend I may be picking up some cargo covers for it.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes , a fork lift is the right tool to move around those 395's . I used the folks on the my JD and a tire dolly , much easier ! I will have to stop by next time I visit the family in Waterloo .

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
streetgliderx . yes indeed , old Waterloo , family is from there , what can I say , got STUCK in the northern branch of the tree . We are due for a Bama trip come spring .

Streetgliderx

streetgliderx . yes indeed , old Waterloo , family is from there , what can I say , got STUCK in the northern branch of the tree . We are due for a Bama trip come spring .
Come on down brother. Lived here all my life.

I fixed my cab heater today, painted my grill, installed grill, fixed brake lights. Realized the engine will never warm up in 28* weather. I need to make a winter cover for it

EWhytsell

Upgraded my alternator with a kit from Wolverine Technologies. The kit is very nicely made. Voltage now stays in the green with the headlights and heater blower running LOL.
Anyone want the original unit? It works sometimes though its probably rebuildable.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Today was vacation day off Friday.
Aired up all 11.
Backed off the locknut on the Port RR.
Backed it off .015625".
I hope I just had it too tight and it is not the dreaded seal problem.
It has been running a little warm since the brake job.
PRR photo 1.jpg

PRR photo 2.jpg

PRR photo 3.jpg

jbayer

What's the a3 instrument differences that makes it an upgrade?

I installed my dyno max muffler, changed fuel filters and made a new top plate for my winch.
View attachment 481847
View attachment 481848
I don't know if it's necessarily considered an upgrade.
The A3 has a light for the Emergency brake, a low air pressure light, and a trip meter built in the speedometer.

Like your winch top plate.

Did you run it with the Dynomax yet?

I'm on the fence about a muffler.

Streetgliderx

I have driven it with the muffler and I'll say it's a welcome difference. If the muffler cost 150+ I'd say it ain't worth it. But given that it was 60.00 with a band clamp it's a cheap effective mod. Still loud but killed the "pop". Still whistles good. Can actually walk around it talking without yelling. Cab noise is reduced enough you can actually visit your passenger.

I paintedy bumper and made a trip to GA to pick up a tan cargo cover from member clintogf. Awesome folks to deal with. More than friendly, very helpful, and probably woulda let me stand around and talk all day. I enjoyed meeting them. Now gotta install the cover!!!

FloridaAKM

This doesn't count as what I did to my Deuce this weekend, but I did go look @ a half dozen deuces to try & find the one I want to buy...........getting closer to that day when the drive home is @ hand! I'm not that picky, just trying to fit the condition of the Deuce to the price tag!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks