• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

wilfreeman

Thanks Bob - we took her out for the maiden voyage today around the shop parking lot after I finished up the rear brake line and bled them. No problems and it drives like a totally different truck (which it is) - AWESOME. It's like gaining 50hp! I shot a short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sm_ad4_VRc&feature=em-upload_owner .

That's my brother testing the brakes. We still have to repaint the bed and paint the wheels tan. We were going with black, then put the 1 tan one on and liked it better. It's ALMOST finished!

Varyag

Just did H4 headlights and got a new tool bag. I put blocks on my boarding ladder because taller tires. On a side note, testing the H4s last night I think you could see my neighbor's house from the ISS for a min or two. Oh yeah, did an oil change on Tuesday and man I love how clean those spin-on filters are to switch out.

Varyag

On a positive note my 11.00x20 Goodyear G286's make the truck perform as good as any civi vehicle when stopping and turning in snow. Traction is decent too even at full pressure, but I'm sure I could find the limit real quick just like I do when hitting a soft spot in my yard;-)
SSSSHHHHHHH, G286s are the best kept secret of the Deuce world. If people begin realizing how freaking awesome they are they will stop selling them for almost nothing.

TsgtB

I took the canvas, bows, headache rack and troop seats off, pulled the convoy lights off, and the decon canister and mount out.
Put some wire protection conduit on the convoy wiring so it wont short out, zip tied some loose wiring up nice.
Found out why my dash panel was rattling, put a new captive retainer in and solved that.
Adjusted my mirrors all to the very best position, got my dual springer seats all set up like I like them.
Lubed up my door and hood hinges.
Crawled around underneath for a bit to get to know her a bit.... oh... and I found a nice center console drink/goodies holder from wally world.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Today I replaced the terrible threaded rods that were holding the rear axle in place on the bobber with real deal u bolts. Now I might actually go for a drive in it!

SteveKuhn

BBBM - Basic Boring Battery Maintenance. In the process of taking every terminal clamp completely apart, wire brushing clamp, cable, and misc connectors until shiny, putting a slow full charge on both, then reassembling with some dielectric grease to make this less of a chore next time. The good news is that the batteries are coming up to full quite quickly despite the long winter. Solargizer helps.

Steve

EWhytsell

Changed the oil saturday, now waiting on an external fuel pump to arrive. The original didn't work when I got the truck, fuse was wrapped in "foil paper" hehe GI's, replaced the fuse and it worked for about a week before the pump itself went so its getting upgraded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks