• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

nchittendon

After the snow the other night, I aired down to 30psi and put about 600lbs of wood in the back. I think next time the snow hits, i'll air down to 20psi. Going to 30 from 50 helped, but I feel there is more potential. i think the TM says 10psi, but that scares me. lol

I've heard a lot of folks talk about brakes not behaving well in the snow, and locking up easily. So far I've had no troubles stopping at all.

Jeepsinker

Reinstalled my heater, serviced all three axles, transfer case, fixed a few oil leaks, changed engine oil, greased everything again, replaced the leaking brake master cylinder, adjusted my idle speed a little higher, started to service the winch and found the input shaft seal completely unseated and destroyed. Time to go through the winch I guess. Tomorrow I have a hub to go through that is slightly seeping, then replace the transfer case mount bushings. Lots to finish before it gets cold.

Edit: forgot I also got a new pair of front shocks to install too. Need to try to fix a couple more small oil leaks I found today, then adjust the clutch. Noticed that the throw out bearing is spinning and I don't think it should. The pto output spins too with the engine running, but I can stop it with my hand, so that shouldn't need adjustment.

Last edited:

red

Sounds like you had a productive weekend.

Installed the fuse block, USB ports, and accessory port for the 12 volt system. Replaced the rubber exhaust hangers with chain. Found a spot to secure my cheater pipe on the truck.

RobM36A2

Someone please keep reminding me: Never do business with Belgians...
They came to look, had me start her up and drive it 5 metres back..
After that, walking around 26 times talking trash about the looks and state, told me they were looking for a clean restored one.
I said: Never said it was restored. Mechanical was OK, but there is some rust.
After they made a scrap offer, I pointed out they should go look for a rare truck elsewhere.
My truck is the only M36 registered in The Netherlands..

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pto output spins too with the engine running, but I can stop it with my hand, so that shouldn't need adjustment.
So does mine, more so when it is cold. Normal, I'd say.
Congrats on your leak fixing. I have a couple of seeping pinion seals and the middle and front axle need to be gone through. Very light seep, only after sitting for a week or so. Did not instill the sense of urgency to rip it all apart right away.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tucked her away for the winter. Heated warehouse. I'll miss her. I can sneak in on weekends and start her up and operate the brakes. I can fill the warehouse with smoke but need to shut off when the fire alarm triggers! :)

rustystud

Someone please keep reminding me: Never do business with Belgians...
They came to look, had me start her up and drive it 5 metres back..
After that, walking around 26 times talking trash about the looks and state, told me they were looking for a clean restored one.
I said: Never said it was restored. Mechanical was OK, but there is some rust.
After they made a scrap offer, I pointed out they should go look for a rare truck elsewhere.
My truck is the only M36 registered in The Netherlands..
That happens here too ! Sometimes their just "looky-loos" . People who just want to waste your time.

Jeepsinker

I stopped another oil leak and replaced all my belts. They all had 1985 cure dates and finally started coming apart. My tach drive adapter was leaking and blowing oil all over the front of the motor. All dry and clean now.

Dipstick

Hello everyone! Just for the heck of it I replaced both my manual air tank drain valves. It was below thirty degrees out and my hands were pretty darned cold at the end of it. I just started Brutus up and was surprised to find that he still had 60psi of air in him............after 30 hours of sitting!!! I had noticed that I barely needed a wrench to remove one of them. I never heard it leaking.

welldigger

Sadly your right Jake ! I really hate advertising anything for sell anymore, especially on craigslist.
Greg, you are right. The worst part is half the time they want you to bring whatever it is over to their house. I just hang up the phone when they ask me that. If you can't come over to see it you obviously don't want it that bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks