• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

TsgtB

I cussed and fought and jacked and swung and tried my little heart out to stab a transmission without the proper transmission jack...
only a come along from my post across the cab, and a floor jack from underneath..... (in the dirt)...
I am so sore and tired, I've been trying it for 2 days now....
time to buy or rent a tranny jack and do it right.... before I hurt myself.....

oddshot

I cussed and fought and jacked and swung and tried my little heart out to stab a transmission without the proper transmission jack...
only a come along from my post across the cab, and a floor jack from underneath..... (in the dirt)...
I am so sore and tired, I've been trying it for 2 days now....
time to buy or rent a tranny jack and do it right.... before I hurt myself.....
I imagine you've already tried cussing ...

... but have you considered finding some long bolts, cutting the heads off, and using them as guides?

You're not going to want to put a lot of weight on them, but they might help with stability and aiming while your come along and jack carry the weight.

My heart goes out to you for I have been exactly where you are right now. But you are right ... getting a proper jack will make the job go a lot faster and safer.

TsgtB

I will give the long bolts a try, thanks..
I want to get a chain fall, my come along is old and a POS. I'm going to use the 12 ton bottle jack from my press, its heavy but not as heavy or awkward as the floor jack (that always sounds like its "bleeding down").

Rolling out from under the running boards, and in and out of the cab, sure does make one realize when they are a few pounds overweight... i'm all kind of banged up... but i'm "getting to know her".....

Kloakndagr

Well Secret Squirrel arrived, began and finished install of two 170 watt solar panels into custom mounts, then mounted to roof, finished install of dickensen marine stove, installed receiver hitch (piece of cake) when you have the correct tools, painted with POR-15 the dual honda eu2000i generator enclosure. Tomorrow between turkey taskings, will mount generator enclosure to deuce. Friday will complete the aux fuel tank install. Got lots done.

Attachments

welldigger

Well Secret Squirrel arrived, began and finished install of two 170 watt solar panels into custom mounts, then mounted to roof, finished install of dickensen marine stove, installed receiver hitch (piece of cake) when you have the correct tools, painted with POR-15 the dual honda eu2000i generator enclosure. Tomorrow between turkey taskings, will mount generator enclosure to deuce. Friday will complete the aux fuel tank install. Got lots done.
Those mag drills are incredibly handy.

rustystud

Those mag drills are incredibly handy.
I love my mag drill, but either it has gotten heavier or I've gotten weaker ! I think I'll look into getting one of those newer models which weigh half as much as my old one.
Just FYI , if you ever want to drop off tires or any parts I'll be happy to take them !
Of course I'm on the other side of the country ! Drat ! Why are all the neat parts and stuff over there !

Last edited:

Towersafety

Got the radiator back in and the defroster now works. The defroster hose connection above the steering column is a pain. Got new gladhands and shutoff valves installed, new fuel filter and 1 new fuel line. Found a dent in the oil pan (not leaking). Now time to hook up the 105 trailer and go get 4 cords of fire wood (in 1 load).

Kloakndagr

Painted POR-15, sound deadening install,then mounted custom dual honda eu2000i generators. Will paint to match when weather is better.image.jpgimage.jpg So, this week me and Secret Squirrel installed a receiver hitch, two 170 watt solar panels, the above custom generator box. SS even brought two fuel stank straps that were custom built. Then we ate some killer turkey, yum yum.

rustystud

Painted POR-15, sound deadening install,then mounted custom dual honda eu2000i generators. Will paint to match when weather is better.View attachment 529537View attachment 529538 So, this week me and Secret Squirrel installed a receiver hitch, two 170 watt solar panels, the above custom generator box. SS even brought two fuel stank straps that were custom built. Then we ate some killer turkey, yum yum.
Nice looking set-up you have there !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks