• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

TsgtB

I found out that my replacement engine is much quieter (yet same turbo) as the one I took out...

The new one is a D turbo, and I am sure the one I took off is a D also, but had a lot of "sound" to it.

Last edited:

Dipstick

I just brought my first one home! Now I'm submerged up to my eyeballs in the process of locating an insurance company in PA. Everyone wants to commercially insure it, or collector car insurers require a garage. Who has a garage that big?!
I have Progressive Commercial insurance on mine. It's not for hire, doesn't have to be garaged, and I can drive it as much as I want. $800 per year in New Jersey.

Jeepsinker

I do not like valve clatter! I built and installed new battery cables today. My ground terminal broke off at the frame during the recovery of a 5 ton from Polk today. Apparently copper ring terminals only last 47 years or so.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked all the gear boxes and axle cases , found the transfer case low. Added oil to engine and attended my first mudding evennt in martin County, Florida just eats of route 710. Got stuck real bad but the loader saved me..

wilfreeman

Got in it to go for a ride - batteries dead! I knew they were old, but have been driving it regularly to keep them charged. I guess this little bit of cold weather did them in. Oh well, I don't have time to mess with it this week.

drivebymashing

Installed freshly repaired and paint radiator and upper and lower hoses. Installed coolant filter mod with shutoff valves for new heater kit. Discovered my rear pinion seal is leaking. Ordered the new seal to installed next week

SignalNco

Got things ready to drop the fuel tank and install a new one. The inside of the tank is an absolute mess! Fuel gauge sending unit is history and the fuel pump assembly is encrusted in a slimy sticky goo. I am going to try and clean up the pump but it will take some work. The intake screen is totally clogged. I am going to take off the fuel filters tomorrow and also see what condition the fuel lines are in. Will probably have to flush them out at the least. My two Young Marines did get the Duece all decorated for Christmas with lights.

Attachments

AMGeneral

I finished a complete brake system rebuild on a M35A2 a week or so back(new style airpack),started on another rebuild today,(old style airpack)!!

BTW,when was the last time you saw a non turbo M35A2 with the exhaust system exiting between the tandems?

Last edited:

Merc1973

I finished a complete brake system rebuild on a M35A2 a week or so back(new style airpack),started on another rebuild today,(old style airpack)!!

BTW,when was the last time you saw a non turbo M35A2 with the exhaust system exiting between the tandems?
Coleman's Surplus had one for sale. A 67' W/W. Not sure if it's still there.

non turbo deuce exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This afternoon I began to correctly wire truck #3 (M35A2), where the power from the magnetic starter relay was missing, jumped out, and the Master switch conductor # 74 was connected directly to the starter solenoid. It was burnt up. Connected conductor from solenoid terminal to one side of the magnetic starter relay. Also lubricated the stiff engine stop switch cable with Hub Oil so that when I start the engine I'll be able to stop it. More to follw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks