• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

archmark

Installed one of BBQROD's hood lift kits on my M185A3 yesterday. Other than being a PITA installing it by myself and fighting through +/-48 years of rust, multiple coats of paint, rounded bolt heads, etc., once completed, it worked exactly as advertised. A well made solution that eliminates a big problem for those that are "vertically challenged" or just tired of making "daily climbs". I don't know what his BBQ is like, but his hood lift kit is well worth the $ and cursing involved...

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I tightened all the connections for the installation of the new magnetic starter relay, and when I attempted to connect the jumper between the two batteries there was an arc! I am using a negative as ground, and I guess I shall have to re inspect all my wiring between the starter solenoid and the magnetic starter terminals.

archmark

Changed the oil in the tranny. Removing and reinstalling all the transmission cover bolts took longer than the oil drain and replacement itself...

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going further with my magnetic starter install, I found the I have a "grounded" something once I connect the new batteries, and then I disconnected the plug going into the light switch, and, no more ground. I have now connected my batteries permanent, and and have power to my master switch, which when I turn iton, I see the guages jiggle, but nom low air buzzer,and the sttart button isnt connecting to the magnetic starter rellay coil. I will check the diagram and continue...

Kloakndagr

Finished installing one of two stained glass windows in my rv build, framed out the windows, touched up the paint. I'm happy with the glass, it's from England and is reclaimed from a church. If the weather warms ups just a bit, I'll be able to finish the second window.

Seth_O

Finished installing one of two stained glass windows in my rv build, framed out the windows, touched up the paint. I'm happy with the glass, it's from England and is reclaimed from a church. If the weather warms ups just a bit, I'll be able to finish the second window.
Are there pic's of this somewhere? I'd love to see them......

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Continuing on Truck #1 ( M35A2 ) with no brake light, I pulled out the 2 wire electrical connector that attaches to the switch on the air pack ( conductor # 75, and 75. I depressed the brake pedal leaning a "B" acetylene tank over the pedal,and used my ohm meter sound device to determine continuity. NO circuit! ( see TM9-2320-209-20-2-1 page 25-120 ) Then according to TM9-2320-209-20-2-1, near the same page iit shows how to check the turn signal device, it used my sound devicce and checked for continuity on terminal C, D, AND E. Not there ! So the diagnosis is a bad turn signal device . I also jumpered the corresponding female terminals for ports C, D, AND E on the turn signal control female plug The brake light came on, one side at at time c corresponding to the jumpering. I wonder if I open the turn signal device ifI can fix it?

welldigger

Continuing on Truck #1 ( M35A2 ) with no brake light, I pulled out the 2 wire electrical connector that attaches to the switch on the air pack ( conductor # 75, and 75. I depressed the brake pedal leaning a "B" acetylene tank over the pedal,and used my ohm meter sound device to determine continuity. NO circuit! ( see TM9-2320-209-20-2-1 page 25-120 ) Then according to TM9-2320-209-20-2-1, near the same page iit shows how to check the turn signal device, it used my sound devicce and checked for continuity on terminal C, D, AND E. Not there ! So the diagnosis is a bad turn signal device . I also jumpered the corresponding female terminals for ports C, D, AND E on the turn signal control female plug The brake light came on, one side at at time c corresponding to the jumpering. I wonder if I open the turn signal device ifI can fix it?
Are you talking about the flasher or the turn signal lever on the steering column? Cause you can open up the lever assembly and there are contacts that can be cleaned inside. An emery board works nicely for this.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello welldigger, and I am referring to the directional control mounted on the steering wheel. So I will attempt to clean it tomorrow. Once working, I am going to pick up an ME005 Gen set in Punta Gorda, which I will lift with my Bomb Crane. Wish me good tidings...

welldigger

Hello welldigger, and I am referring to the directional control mounted on the steering wheel. So I will attempt to clean it tomorrow. Once working, I am going to pick up an ME005 Gen set in Punta Gorda, which I will lift with my Bomb Crane. Wish me good tidings...
Don't over do it with the emery board. Just a quick lick and that will do it. Good luck.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I added fasteners to my bomb crane assembly. I did this because I am actually going to lift a ME005 gen set with it, and I used grade 8 , fine thread bolts and Gr. 8 flats, locks and nuts too. I dont think I have enough space to lift the gen onto the M35 bed, because of the space taken up by the 2 ton hoist block, so I will get it as high as I can and attach another chain fall and pull it on laterally.

archmark

Yesterday I installed locking door handles on my M185A3 cab. Unfortunately they were stamped "China" on the underside, so the Chi-Coms are into producing M35 parts too I guess. I also installed a block heater per Westfolk's Youtube video. Finally I installed tach and speedo warning decals.

Next on the list is installing Westfolk's spin-on oil and fuel filter kits, then the brake fluid reservoir kit, a windshield washer kit, battery cut-off switch, cab personnel heater, air assist steering kit and finally the hardtop. Notice they're listed in order of difficulty, especially since most come with NO install instructions and the TM's contain lots of verbiage and few illustrations...

battlecattle

Today I added fasteners to my bomb crane assembly. I did this because I am actually going to lift a ME005 gen set with it, and I used grade 8 , fine thread bolts and Gr. 8 flats, locks and nuts too. I dont think I have enough space to lift the gen onto the M35 bed, because of the space taken up by the 2 ton hoist block, so I will get it as high as I can and attach another chain fall and pull it on laterally.
Make sure to video it, you know in case it doesn't quite work as planned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks