• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

If I where you Dipstick, I would read my renters contract real good to make sure you have total use of two parking spaces. If you do then I would tell the manager "I'm taking you to court on breach of contract" . I'm sure your troubles would soon disappear with this "fine piece of Humanity " (disparaging sarcasm).
Good luck.

Another Ahab

Installed my "repaired at home" directional control for my M35A2, and now I have both directionals and brake light!
You solder up all the wiring on that board?
Hello another ahab, and yes,i tried to do that. I have 5 units that dont work and I tested them with my ohm meter and wrung out the wiring first with the controller apart,and then with the directional control all together.
That's real nice work.

Seth_O

If I where you Dipstick, I would read my renters contract real good to make sure you have total use of two parking spaces. If you do then I would tell the manager "I'm taking you to court on breach of contract" .
X2 - contracts are intended to protect both parties. It gives you, as the renter, rights. If you're upholding your end, then your landlord should be held to that same standard. You can be friendly about it, just take the contract in and inquire which part you are in violation of. If you have facts/data to demonstrate you are not in breach, then you can be firm. Just my $.02......

Another Ahab

X2 - contracts are intended to protect both parties. It gives you, as the renter, rights. If you're upholding your end, then your landlord should be held to that same standard. You can be friendly about it, just take the contract in and inquire which part you are in violation of. If you have facts/data to demonstrate you are not in breach, then you can be firm. Just my $.02......
Never a bad start in any negotiation, even if the ultimate plan is to hammer them like an anvil.

Jeepsinker

Agreed. If you have two parking spots in that contract, you are paying for them. That bobber is no bigger than any other pickup truck, just taller. Now if you have a habit of parking improperly and impeding other tenants ability to park comfortably I might understand where they are coming from.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I added engine oil, and drilled holes to install the remaining gradev 8 bolts and eye hooks in the bed to fasten my bomb crane, as I am going to pick up a 1000 pound gen set this saturday. Cant wait Who sells parts foe the 3KW gen set?

TsgtB

I had a nice "walk around", preflight check. I did a little clean up on some wiring in the engine bay, switched a couple of plugs on my tail lights, so my brake and running lights are now correct.
I didn't have good brake lights without air in the system, still not 100%. Question... does an air switch usually just die all together or can it be an intermittent problem before total failure?

I did take it for a nice afternoon country drive for a couple hours of back country (paved) roads, I would use my flashers and stop to let anyone behind me pass, but there was really no other traffic. The new engine worked great, felt really good not being rushed by traffic.
A very relaxing drive (believe it or not). Lots of waves from the few people I did see.

rustystud

I had a nice "walk around", preflight check. I did a little clean up on some wiring in the engine bay, switched a couple of plugs on my tail lights, so my brake and running lights are now correct.
I didn't have good brake lights without air in the system, still not 100%. Question... does an air switch usually just die all together or can it be an intermittent problem before total failure?

I did take it for a nice afternoon country drive for a couple hours of back country (paved) roads, I would use my flashers and stop to let anyone behind me pass, but there was really no other traffic. The new engine worked great, felt really good not being rushed by traffic.
A very relaxing drive (believe it or not). Lots of waves from the few people I did see.
An air switch is still just a switch with contacts that can go bad. It can just fail, or over time due to wear on the contacts go out slowly, arcing along the way.

SteveKuhn

If you suspect arcing or smell ozone at all (garlic) coming from under the truck or behind the cab, whether driving or sitting, replace that switch without delay. It's a trivial job and expense, and it can avoid a huge smoke display (especially if there's brake fluid residue around it). [Don't] ask me how I know because I'll lie to avoid being seen as dim witted.

Steve

Another Ahab

Sometimes The Only Way To Know

If you suspect arcing or smell ozone at all (garlic) coming from under the truck or behind the cab, whether driving or sitting, replace that switch without delay. It's a trivial job and expense, and it can avoid a huge smoke display (especially if there's brake fluid residue around it). [Don't] ask me how I know because I'll lie to avoid being seen as dim witted.

Steve
Someone said it:

Good judgement/
Comes from experience/
Experience/
Comes from bad judgement

experiencerux1993.jpg

RobM36A2

Again, did absolutey nothing, well, went to pay the rent for the storage.
When the weather keeps good, I am going to the storage to make some pictures and put it up for sale. (again)

Kloakndagr

Busy week for me. I finished installing the loft bed, built a box for the water holding tank/ARB Frig mount, replaced some stainless steel flue pipe for the dickensen wood stove. I also installed cedar cove moulding around the inside of the "livin area". Then I made a batch of apple pie moonshine for the Super Bowl party. Today I'm doing a first, going to go see American Sniper, I never see a movie on its opening day, but what the heck....live a little!

Last edited:

archmark

Installed new (and readable) data plates, new ANCO 41-01 wiper arms and ANCO 31-13 wiper blades and a new brake fluid reservoir. Also discovered that the 1/2"-5/8" water(?) line that runs from the bottom front of the engine, up over the top of the engine and into the firewall has been rubbing on the compressor belt, and now cords are showing. NOT what I wanted to see, as it looks like the radiator will have to be jerked to fix it. I can see where a clamp on the front of the engine to hold the hose is missing, letting the hose rub. I think I'll see if I can file a claim with the Toole Army Depot under their "warranty" program. HA!!!

RobM36A2

Went to take pictures for the ad, so tried to start, but the batteries did not have enough juice in them.
So took the pictures anyway, but in a more confined area. Made the ad and put it up for sale.

Jeepsinker

Installed new (and readable) data plates, new ANCO 41-01 wiper arms and ANCO 31-13 wiper blades and a new brake fluid reservoir. Also discovered that the 1/2"-5/8" water(?) line that runs from the bottom front of the engine, up over the top of the engine and into the firewall has been rubbing on the compressor belt, and now cords are showing. NOT what I wanted to see, as it looks like the radiator will have to be jerked to fix it. I can see where a clamp on the front of the engine to hold the hose is missing, letting the hose rub. I think I'll see if I can file a claim with the Toole Army Depot under their "warranty" program. HA!!!
That is not a coolant hose. It is the tachometer cable.

Another Ahab

Again, did absolutey nothing, well, went to pay the rent for the storage.
When the weather keeps good, I am going to the storage to make some pictures and put it up for sale. (again)
Went to take pictures for the ad, so tried to start, but the batteries did not have enough juice in them.
So took the pictures anyway, but in a more confined area. Made the ad and put it up for sale.
"It" is the Deuce?

You're putting the Deuce up for sale?

RobM36A2

Jup, put my M36a2 up for sale.
It's because I don't get to drive it so often, my M1028 takes me anywhere I want.
Also saving up for another (OD green) toy, but a lot smaller, easier maintenance and locally produced.

Also the Deuce is at a storage lot, I must make an appointment to get it an return it the same day.
I have no parking place near my house, so storage or a short vacation away is the only option.
The M1028 is in my driveway, so I prefer to take that one out, rather than call the storage guy and finding out he's not home.

I don't have a lot of room here in The Netherlands, I live in a rental house, with a small driveway where my garden used to be.
And that space is taken up by a small shed, 2 M101a2's and the M1028. My daily driver sits at the front of my house.
Thinking of selling 1 of the M101a2's also.

So did a lot of thinking, spending a lot of nights lying awake what to do and finally made the decision to sell.

So, if any questions remain, please feel free to ask.

The Deuce ad is on a Dutch site, can put link in PM, if anyone would like that.

archmark

Nope, it's not the tach cable. Got a better look at it this afternoon and traced it from the lower front engine area to the firewall to where it terminates under the dash. Turns out it's an air line that runs into the front wheel drive switch to engage the front diff. It's a relief that it wasn't H20, but it's still going to be a real Hillary to fix without jerking the radiator. Any suggestions?

212sparky

Nope, it's not the tach cable. Got a better look at it this afternoon and traced it from the lower front engine area to the firewall to where it terminates under the dash. Turns out it's an air line that runs into the front wheel drive switch to engage the front diff. It's a relief that it wasn't H20, but it's still going to be a real Hillary to fix without jerking the radiator. Any suggestions?
Post a picture. The air for the transfer case follows the firewall and is copper. The tach cable is the only thing that goes from the front of the engine to the firewall to the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks