• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My scheduled M35A2 and M105A2 convoy to Punta Gorda was cut short just after 1.5 hours into the 4 hour drive because I noticed the clutch slipping. Glad I made back to the Fort. What is the best transmission jack to use on the Deuce?

Seth_O

My scheduled M35A2 and M105A2 convoy to Punta Gorda was cut short just after 1.5 hours into the 4 hour drive because I noticed the clutch slipping. Glad I made back to the Fort. What is the best transmission jack to use on the Deuce?
Take off the top and lay a 4x4 over the rear cab lip and the windshield frame/hood, then use a come-along or chain fall and support it from above. I've done it this way 2x and it was far, far easier and safer than futzing around with a tranny jack. Just my $.02.

wilfreeman

Got it started up with a jump from my m38a1 - wouldn't charge after it was idled up, so I guess I need to go ahead and replace those batteries I have been putting off buying (they died when it for slightly cold outside).

RobM36A2

On wednesday needed to jumpstart the M36, because of the cold, just not enough juice in the batteries.
After a few minutes of idling, pulled the throttle to 1100 rpm and went inside for a drink.
Came back, parked her a bit better and went home.

Came back this sunday, to do a check and a drive around the block, she started right up.
The charging session had helped. Afterwards parked again, nose facing the road.

Mondag some guy is coming over to look, he's interested in buying.

Jeepsinker

I started on my central vent system, and finally installed some ducting from my heat diverter box to my defroster ports in the dash. Been needing to do that for the longest time now. Ordered a spin on oil filter conversion from a member here too. Really looking forward to installing them hopefully next week!

Jericho

Started it to let it warm up a little , poor girl is setting out side, garage is full , been below zero for weeks , now a Nor Easter in bound, installed an RT 524, assembled a coolant filter and its ready for install, Put a set of 35 foot slave cables together from all new components. have lots of parts to fit, but suspect I shall be plowing for the next several days. scored some M109 A4 headlight brackets and now need some light bucket assys to slap in . Need to work my gamma goat some

Got the old batteries out and slave cable out. Cleaned and painted the battery tray and battery box hardware. Put everything back together after fabing up the battery box for the after market batteries. Made some new battery cables and added a cut off switch to the system. Put it all back together and she fired up on the first push of the button. Now to add the newer style nato slave port. Trying to locate the chains and clips for the battery box also.

Before:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235219.127261.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235243.431049.jpg

After:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235034.604511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235057.239103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235092.445283.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235115.363572.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235153.287312.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422235175.371860.jpg

Jericho

Jeep sinker, almost wish I were back in LA , used to be stationed at England AFB , now closed, lived in Pineville, LA oh for some FEBRUARY LA weather, enjoy it, below zero here spring comes 3 rd week in MAY summer last 3 months. not conducive to Green Trucks

Dipstick

Well...I got a ticket for an expired vehicle registration. Yup. I was driving Brutus to work at 03:30 in a snow storm. I was cruising the plowed right lane when I noticed a few cars backed up behind me. So, I signaled left and headed Brutus into the unplowed left lane in six inches of snow to let them pass. Believe me...Brutus was carving that snow up like it wasn't even there. I pulled into Wawa for a coffee and lo and behold...flashing lights in my rear view mirror. Out pops a muscle bound sergeant who tickets me for the expired registration. My bad. I don't remember getting a renewal notice. Normally, I'm right on that kind of thing. I was clearly in the wrong, but I have to wonder about a young buck cop that tickets a 61 year old, polite guy and Navy vet driving a green machine to work at zero dark thirty in a snowstorm. Get a life!

Kloakndagr

Cuz he had nothing better to do, and I bet his shift sergeant has been riding his butt about productivity. The old saying, a ticket a day keeps the sergeant away, so true.

Anyways....this week, I built and installed a solar battery box to house 4 golf cart 6 volt batteries for my solar off grid system. Finished up a water holding tank enclosure for one of my 46 gal tanks. Ordered LED light strips from that on line store to be used for interior lighting. Then I installed a military to civilian trailer converter box with tag light purchased from an SS member. Looks great and works just fine. Now I can tow what I need to. It's coming right along. Next it plumbing the water tanks, feed tank shower, and grey water tanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks