• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SteveKuhn

Thread files (aka thread chasers) are fairly common on Ebay. That's where I got mine. The ones in the photo are for the bolt thread but a friend has one with those and then a round tip on each end with the companion thread for the inside of the nut. I'm still looking for one of those. They're not as common.

Steve

Attachments

DieselBob

Which thread combination do you think would be the best all around choice for MV work? I can't justify both but the nut tips are a big plus.

Steve
If I was to purchase just one I would go with 2542A41. It will cover Std thread 3/8 thru 5/8 (11,12,13,14 and16) and fine thread 3/8 to over 1”(12,14,16,18,20 and 24).

This past week I added a remote brake fluid reservoir, changed engine oil and filters, differential fluids, made sure I could use a come-a-long and a couple 4x4's to get a super single up into the bed, and painted the truck.

image.jpg

mattgunguy

Busy week since the XM818 is still DOA. Got the oil changed. Filters changed, both oil and fuel. Installed a cb that is currently a cranky piece of crap, but the 8' whip looks cool. Got the 395 spare in the spare rack. Other odds & ins done. Then took a 600 mile drive in said deuce. 14 hours later we got back home with nothing more major than the oil canisters leaking. The undercarriage is good & water proof now though.

FloridaAKM

I drove my M35A2C 225 miles to the Mt Dora military vehicle show & tested her out this weekend as a cargo truck & a camper. She passed with flying colors on the trip on both aspects. Thanks to all for the motivation & camaraderie all weekend!

wilfreeman

I got my electric brake controller and 12v accessory plugs installed and working last week.

2015-03-02 16.45.38.jpg 2015-03-02 16.45.46.jpg

Today, my brother and I machined the front spring perches to correct the skittish front end problem that has bugged me since we switched to G177s. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to get the front end jacked up enough and supported correctly. Machined the leading edge down( with bench and side grinders) until the wedge was gone - about 1/4". Man, what a difference it made! I even attempted to hit 60mph with her on the way home - got up to 57 before I ran out of straight road. Potholes and railroad tracks are nothing to be scared of anymore! now, to switch the driver front tire for one of the others - I believe it is bouncing more than normal. The truck bounces around at around 45 and 52mph. It is pretty smooth at 40 and over 55 though.

2015-03-15 16.19.34.jpg

We had planned on changing out the driver side axle boot, but we got a late start - maybe next week. While we were under there, my brother noticed that the passenger side had some grease on the boot too - I guess we'll be replacing that one soon too!

Last edited:

archmark

Got 3 of my 11 weather rotted 9.00x20 NDT's replaced yesterday, both up fronts and one rear inner. If you ever need tire work done while passing through the Central Texas area (Waco/Bellmead), I strongly recommend Lone Star Tire, located at I-35 and Hwy 77. Their open 7 days a week and will tackle any tire/wheel combination, except for run-flats.

So now that I've got good rubber up front at least, next weekend I plan on installing Westfolk's primary and secondary spin-on fuel adapter kits, new shocks, new windshield and door glass and the windshield washer kit. Weekend after that is the hardtop and then finally air assist steering and the rifle racks.

Now that things are warming up I'm thinking that the heater install can wait, although that new AC setup I saw sure looks sweet...

swindad2

The old girl doesn't see much action, but I had a workshop delivered today, and the tractor trailor couldn't pull out from under it. Had to pull him back to the road. Wasn't far, but definitely the biggest job since I've owned her. It all happened quickly, while blocking traffic, so no pics.

Another Ahab

The old girl doesn't see much action, but I had a workshop delivered today, and the tractor trailor couldn't pull out from under it. Had to pull him back to the road. Wasn't far, but definitely the biggest job since I've owned her. It all happened quickly, while blocking traffic, so no pics.
I can sort of picture it in my imagination. Sounds like a good outcome!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just ran the Deuce for a couple of whiles contemplating why the button falls off sometimes.
Placing a picture of the fuel flow from tank, from the intank pump, thru the filters + thru the FDC and returns and thru the HH into the piston tops.
Fiquring exactly what goes on ............when I slowly pull the stop lever on a multifuel.....
"Tiss a little movie in my head.
Anyhow I have to get it hot enough to burn the nasties out of the crankcase.

View attachment warm up 03312014 IMG_4948 (1).MOV

Last edited:

Hainebd

It is always a good feeling when you get to use your deuce regardless of what you are doing. All the maintenance we do and they sit, then run for a couple of miles/hours, but to get to use, priceless.

red

Just ran the Deuce for a couple of whiles contemplating why the button falls off sometimes.
Placing a picture of the fuel flow from tank, from the intank pump, thru the filters + thru the FDC and returns and thru the HH into the piston tops.
Fiquring exactly what goes on ............when I slowly pull the stop lever on a multifuel.....
"Tiss a little movie in my head.
Anyhow I have to get it hot enough to burn the nasties out of the crankcase.

View attachment 552937
I dabbed a little JB weld between the button and the plunger when I installed mine last week. About 24 hours of runtime since.

Unloaded the MUST shelter. Bed roller and winch worked great.

IMG_20150408_142308423.jpg

IMG_20150408_145106681.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks