• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Carlo

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgWhat did I do this week, I sold it. Yes after many many years of owning it and never doing anything to restore it I decided to let someone else finish what I never could. She is on her way to Ireland along with a Freightlinner I bought from a base at Wiesbaden Germany.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally installed a remote brake reservoir. It's leaking from the threads of the cap on the top of the master cylinder.

Let me guess, I should have taken it off and put Teflon tape on the threads. (Yes, it was on all the way and would turn no more). Doh!

2015-04-18 20.41.53.jpg 2015-04-18 20.53.15.jpg

Last edited:
I had to do that with mine, just put in on 3 days ago and am liking the peace of mind it offers. I took vice grips to pinch off the hose so it wouldn't leak out all the fluid, teflon taped the threads and spun it back on. So far it has been dry.

Stealthbird97

Just did some basic cleaning of the engine compartment. Cleaning out the dirt off the side walls. Wiped down the rest of the engine and removed some surface rust of the air intake pipe and treated it.
Also fixed a the loli-pop lights I had installed. Had to do some rewiring. Also found out some the wiring is a little unusual.

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 554880View attachment 554881View attachment 554882View attachment 554883What did I do this week, I sold it. Yes after many many years of owning it and never doing anything to restore it I decided to let someone else finish what I never could. She is on her way to Ireland along with a Freightlinner I bought from a base at Wiesbaden Germany.
Yes, because the roads in Ireland are so wide they will have no problems driving it around. :)

Speaking of driving deuces. I started mine up, verified all was running well and drove it around the block, before parking it. After driving the M931A2 lately, returning to the deuce reminded me how little head room and leg room under the steering wheel I had, as I tilted my head to one side so I could see under the wiper motor and had to raise my leg to one side of the steering wheel to shift gears.... But it was still a blast. :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On Thursday I prepped the Deuce for San Angelo's second annual Touch-A-Truck event.

Added 30 gallons of WVO to the fuel tank. Stopped by O'Reilly's and got a 16 ounce bottle of SEAFOAM. Then I drove her over to the local Diesel Pumps where I poured the SEAFOAM into the tank as an ALGAE preventative, and added an additional 6 gallons topped off the tank to the fill line.

We had a good shower in the neighborhood on Friday (3-3/4 inches) which washed the Deuce real well without any effort on my part.

Bright and early Saturday we were on target for the Touch-A-Truck!!! Good fun was had by all. Will post an AAR (After Action Report) with lots of photos for you viewing pleasure as soon as time permits.

Carry on.

DeucesWild11

Bought Jatonka's oil filter spin on adaptor kit at the Sussex show on Sat and installed it on Sunday. Also finally hooked up my Key'd battery cut-off switch that only took like 15 min to do. Don't know why I waited so long on either of these upgrades..

Woodsplinter

I finally installed a remote brake reservoir. It's leaking from the threads of the cap on the top of the master cylinder.

Let me guess, I should have taken it off and put Teflon tape on the threads. (Yes, it was on all the way and would turn no more). Doh!

View attachment 555117 View attachment 555118
I had the same leak issue when I put mine on and tried Teflon tape. It doesn't hold up long against the Dot 5. The copper washer on the plug is what seals the m/c. I used some white Permatex thread sealer on both sides of the copper washer and that stopped the leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks