• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

m715mike

I finally installed the tool box in my truck today. It seems my collection of tools, spare parts, recovery equipment, etc. continues to grow. The idea of a locking storage chest on my truck became very appealing!

I borrowed an idea from another post (I think it was in this thread) and placed a composite deck board in between the truck bed and tool chest. I'll paint the deck boards black tomorrow morning and this project will be done!

(Sorry for the poor quality pictures)

Before:
Before.jpg

During installation:
I fitted the composite deck boards and marked the bottom of the tool box. Then I drilled holes and screwed the box to the boards. Once the box was in place, I backed-out some of the screws and drilled threw the bed floor for bolts.
During1.jpgDuring2.jpg

After:
Now it's time to fill 'er up!
After1.jpgAfter2.jpg

rustystud

I finally installed the tool box in my truck today. It seems my collection of tools, spare parts, recovery equipment, etc. continues to grow. The idea of a locking storage chest on my truck became very appealing!

I borrowed an idea from another post (I think it was in this thread) and placed a composite deck board in between the truck bed and tool chest. I'll paint the deck boards black tomorrow morning and this project will be done!

(Sorry for the poor quality pictures)

Before:
View attachment 564743

During installation:
I fitted the composite deck boards and marked the bottom of the tool box. Then I drilled holes and screwed the box to the boards. Once the box was in place, I backed-out some of the screws and drilled threw the bed floor for bolts.
View attachment 564744View attachment 564742

After:
Now it's time to fill 'er up!
View attachment 564746View attachment 564745
I like your idea of the composite deck boards ! I think I'll do this on my trailer tool box.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Placed our newly reworked M35A2 in the MV of the month and none of you Deuce guys are helping :-?! Come on guys are we gonna let the other guys win every month!

CAM01724.jpgCAM01727.jpgCAM01776.jpg
She is painted in 1974 MASTERS (7th Army) Camouflage, patterned after my own truck in Germany with the 3rd Armor Div, Last picture was at this Sundays Massachusetts truck show!

Could use some help from all the DEUCE GUYS out there
Thank You

Rick

My roommate is selling his m35a2 w/w tomorrow

image.jpg
This was the truck that originally got me interested in the MV hobby. Hate to see it go, but there's another in his near future. He graciously made an addition to my deuce today with a set of bows w/ fiberglass risers, a boarding ladder, and a which hook and chain lead w/ 30 ft of cable. :jumpin:
image.jpgimage.jpg

Now I need to get a cover, redo my headboards and troops seats, and fix my soft top. Found a few good right ups, just deciding which one I want to do.

Edit. that is not oil under the truck. It poured here today and that box ended up ended up there, didn't notice before in the pic. It's not what it looks like :whistle:

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
drove mine last night ( 1st time in 4 months} went to get fuel and I found oil coming out of the stack and @ the turbo I think it is turbo rebuilding time What do you guys think
I think you need to drive it more often, regular exercise will alleviate a lot of that oil stacking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks