• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

NYHowie

With some help from a new friend the left rear outer bearing was re greased and seals cleaned and installed. Next week will be a new starter solenoid and maybe a new Master cylinder, have to see how times goes.

I have a new tool shopping list too.

red

I think you need to drive it more often, regular exercise will alleviate a lot of that oil stacking.
Agreed, sitting too long dries out the seals as well.

Mine is still sitting for now. Start working at the new Job on Monday so should be performing the engine/transmission swap in 2-3 months!

hypertex

Siver Creek Road

While back we had an all agency sponsored clean-up event of a popular offroad and shooting area along the road from Bullhead to Oatman. For some odd reason, people think they can just dump stuff. Between myself and another local with a 5-ton, we collected over a hundred old tires, 3 boats and two jetski's. Here's a pic of one of the AZG&F officers and myself with some of the trash I retrieved. Towed the boat about 1/2 mile from it's hiding place in the wash back up onto the road.
Ag-cleanup01.jpg

Currently working on getting permission to remove this one from the mine shaft it's currently occupying. One person actually mentioned that it's being used as a navigational aid by ground traffic and even aircraft! This one's about 2 miles from the main road.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

While back we had an all agency sponsored clean-up event of a popular offroad and shooting area along the road from Bullhead to Oatman. For some odd reason, people think they can just dump stuff. Between myself and another local with a 5-ton, we collected over a hundred old tires, 3 boats and two jetski's. Here's a pic of one of the AZG&F officers and myself with some of the trash I retrieved. Towed the boat about 1/2 mile from it's hiding place in the wash back up onto the road.
View attachment 565939
It's sort of funny, because that's sure not looking like lake country out there. Where's the water!?

Last edited:

hypertex

Relining hand brake

Heard a strange ringing sound from under the truck. Like an old-school alarm clock. Found one hand brake shoe with less than half a lining left, both springs gone. Ordered new linings and springs from Erik’s and got the rivets and tooling from Hanson Rivet. Made holders for the anvil and die from scraps I had on hand to use in the arbor press. Worked out well.

Attachments

rustystud

Heard a strange ringing sound from under the truck. Like an old-school alarm clock. Found one hand brake shoe with less than half a lining left, both springs gone. Ordered new linings and springs from Erik’s and got the rivets and tooling from Hanson Rivet. Made holders for the anvil and die from scraps I had on hand to use in the arbor press. Worked out well.
Good job !

rustystud

016.jpgI went and saw Brad Milne in McKenna WA. today. Picked up a few more spare parts from him. He only has a few deuces left. Almost 100 deuces cut up and scrapped ! All because the government didn't like him owning so many trucks !

nchittendon

So what were your times, and top speeds????
Sadly, this track is far from being a good track. It's an 1/8th mile along the front straight of a circle track. So if you are in a fast car, or on a bike, you better cut power before the finish or you'll never hold the curve. Saw a beautiful nova loose it and smack the wall last weekend. There are no times, just a crappy tree and somewhere to race and waste fuel. Everyone hates the track because of all the short comings, but there is no where else close, so we all just deal with it and take what we can get.

I'm not sure my top speed. I don't usually drive with the speedo. But I was shifting from 3rd to 4th when I crossed the line.

Last edited:

nchittendon

uploadfromtaptalk1434927213873.jpg

Got a bunch of tires from a friend. He just switched to 395's, and wanted his yard rid of the stockers. At least 2 brand spanking new ones. 3 rotted ones on rims. A few others some good, some bad. 13 in all.
Since my trailer tires were dry rotted pretty bad, two of the brand new ones were put on there last night. All the dry rot ones were disposed of. Now I have two brand new on the trailer, 3 almost new on the loose rims, and two almost new loose tires. It was a good day.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All because the government didn't like him owning so many trucks !
I don't want to get political, but I'm curious... I'm not aware of any laws restricting the number of trucks you can own. Unless it was a matter of too many derelict trucks on his property. What's the story here?

rustystud

I don't want to get political, but I'm curious... I'm not aware of any laws restricting the number of trucks you can own. Unless it was a matter of too many derelict trucks on his property. What's the story here?
Out here in Washington you are not allowed to have any trucks or cars that don't have current registration. The only exception is if they are in an enclosed building like a barn or shop. So if you have a bunch of vehicles outside you better be able to afford the cost of registration. Which brings us to this guy in McKenna WA. He had over 100 deuces. Some ran, most did not. Who in there right mind would register all those dead trucks ? The cost for my deuce is $180.00 per year. Then you buy the tabs by weight of vehicle. Basically it is a revenue source for the state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks