• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

The King Machine

AHHH!! Every time I do something there is things I didn't know about the truck. I finally got all my hubs flipped and all my MISERABLE split rims apart and mounted on my new "super cool" 46" michelins. yeah 46". I know now that 46" tires will hit the **** steering arm and I lost about 10 percent of my right turning. I don't know what to do now. Other than that, this has been quite the experience. Should have my crew cab built my next weekend.

HEMTT or MRAP rims. I ran the same tires on my stock rims for about a year. The tires will also hit the shock mounts if turned the opposite direction. If they contact the sharp corner of the shock mounts the tire is toast. Adjust the steering stops, you will need longer bolts.

Then upgrade the rims later on, you will gain a lot of turning room and ditch the tubes.

I would say you lost more than 10%

Last edited:

TsgtB

Having a no start kind of week...
after installing my muffler and flapper, and an in tank Parker pump,
She just doesnt want to start.
Tried some starting spray, pulled off the shut off cover and it looks new (the motor has 50 miles on it)
the shut off rod moves in and out as it should with no binding and smooth.
Tried to get the center button cover off the HH, but it wont budge, sprayed it with PB and charging the
batteries back up..... *FRUSTRATED AS CAN BE.
:(

machinist75

Tried some starting spray, pulled off the shut off cover and it looks new (the motor has 50 miles on it)
Tried to get the center button cover off the HH, but it wont budge, sprayed it with PB and charging the
Meir you bleed the fuel lines after you replaced the in tank pump?

HanksDeuce

The binding of the rear axles when running these trucks on dry pavement is not good for them. Stay tuned.
Sorry for your troubles. Glad you had another axle to swap in there.

[SARCASM] Me and the other bobbed deuce owners don't seem to have that rear axle binding problem. :p [/SARCASM]

Seth_O

Was the engine running before the fuel pump replacement? Fortunately there's not a lot to these, if the fuel's getting to the cylinders at the right time and the starter is turning the motor over, you generally have a running engine. Good luck!

JMPM35A2

I got my new batteries in and also figured out why I didn't have my air assist steering. The exhaust ports on the air torque valve (I think that what the TM calls it) were plugged up with dirt from a bug. Cleaned them out and air assist steering is now operational again. Also scored a bunch of TMs from a old friend of mine.

Another Ahab

I got my new batteries in and also figured out why I didn't have my air assist steering. The exhaust ports on the air torque valve (I think that what the TM calls it) were plugged up with dirt from a bug. Cleaned them out and air assist steering is now operational again. Also scored a bunch of TMs from a old friend of mine.
Did he give up on HIS deuce, and that's why he passed on the TM's?

JMPM35A2

He use to buy em rebuild em and fix them for people for years. He used to be in the service way back when as a mechanic. He was just getting a little older and stopped messing with them all together. He also gave me two trailers, inflator gauge that hooks to the truck and a good spare tire and wheel. Im going to get the trailers this weekend. One is a standard deuce trailer and the other is one where the front folds down like a tail gate.

TsgtB

I learned how to take off a HH, from my old motor....
I also pulled the IP, oil cooler and fuel rack, and water pump.
I still have to pull the starter and alternator, and see if i can get it where i can
pull the oil pump. (basically anything that bolts to the block..)

Another Ahab

He use to buy em rebuild em and fix them for people for years. He used to be in the service way back when as a mechanic. He was just getting a little older and stopped messing with them all together. He also gave me two trailers, inflator gauge that hooks to the truck and a good spare tire and wheel. Im going to get the trailers this weekend. One is a standard deuce trailer and the other is one where the front folds down like a tail gate.
Yee-HAW; now THAT'S a haul. You made out like a bandit!

It sure is nice to have the right kinds of friends in the right kinds of places. :)

RaggedyMan

Found a neat idea i thought I would try. Paint it green. Would be perfect for deuce.View attachment 579506

Did the same just yesterday, while I was there I bought hearing protectors for any passenger I might have and painted them green too (can't have my rider sporting red protectors).

And while I'm in this thread........I installed a "C" turbo today. I have read where some say they are just to annoying but I didn't think it was that bad, of course those years of loud music and 10's of thousands of rounds I've shot often w/o protection may be the reason.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks