• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took mine for a ride to meet an old vet (who couldn't make it) ended up filling up and taking the scenic route back.

I installed the propeller shaft to the winch. I lost the shear pin that I bought for it. I looked for two hours and couldn't find it. I really wanted to try the winch out so I went to Lowe's and bought a 1/4" aluminum bar and made a new one. After messing around with it for about 10 minutes I put it to work. I parked at the bottom of the hill in the back yard with the front of the truck facing up hill. I pulled almost all the cable off the spool and wrapped it around a tree. Put the pto in low with the engine at idol and let out the clutch. About an hour later I was at the top of the hill. Just kidding, it was only about 5 minutes. It worked great.
When I bought the truck the propeller shaft was laying in the bed. I thought for sure the winch was going to be broken, but I was wrong. I can't wait to put it to work. I have a tree that has fallen into another tree that I have been wanting to cut down. With the help of a snatch block I think I will try to pull the base of the tree until it falls to the ground.

Another Ahab

I have a tree that has fallen into another tree that I have been wanting to cut down. With the help of a snatch block I think I will try to pull the base of the tree until it falls to the ground.
Glad you got your winch in good working order.

Please be careful working that tree project:

- They don't always drop where you want them, and things can go wrong real fast when gravity decides it wants a tree (and there's no stopping it once it starts coming down). :mrgreen:

Ratchetop

That's the one. It's an early truck, the front diff is always in and the transfer has just high and low. It's a 1962 Studabaker. John was a pleasure to deal with and made my first experience buying a deuce a good one.

rustystud

Well, I thought i had some water in my fuel. So I parked it "nose down" on the passenger front for a couple of days. Then I pumped a quart or so from the bottom corner of the tank.

It was all golden clean. But the truck would still stutter and almost die on me...
So, I run up to the station and dump in 32 ounces of clear diesel in the tank and fill her up.
It took 37 gallons (and foamed and foamed, i let her run will fueling) but now she runs just fine.
I am guessing my new parker pump sits a little higher in the tank...? maybe sucking some air...
Who knows, just happy its running good now.
Take your pump out and using a tape measure, measure from the top of the gasket to the bottom of the tank. Then adjust your pump bracket measuring from the bottom of the flange to the bottom of the pump. I was able to get mine within 1/4" .

TsgtB

Thanks Rustystud.
How much, or how far, do you think you were able to lower your pump?

I'll have to put that on my "to do" list... ( I really should keep her above half a tank anyway)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks