• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
All you need is some air brake line and crush collars. 1/4" for the returns between injectors, and 3/8" for the supply lines.
Does one use the inserts with the ferrules when using the air brake line? Or is the original type fitting better with the air brake line. Can the original type, Parker Hannifin nut sleeve 61HD fittings be used with air brake line?
fuel line compression sleeves Lowes.jpgfuel lines PS magazine attachmentH2EL9K49.jpgParker-Hannifin-61HD-4.jpg
compression quater inch sleeve watts lowes 25069.jpg brass insert 0479341.jpg

Last edited:

Seth_O

New parts! I was surfing parts on ebay and ran into NOS replacement mirrors at a great price, so I picked them up. Originals below:
old mirror 2.jpgold mirror 1.jpg

Then the new ones:

new mirrors 1.jpgnew mirror 2.jpg

Seth_O

I need opinions pls! I recently installed a PTO winch and bought a new cable to go with it. The cable came with a hook, but it doesn't really support the original chain + hook based on how the hook attaches. Here's what I have:

winch hook.jpg

I picked up a stock clevis off ebay, and am contemplating cutting off the existing loop and hook and converting it to the original clevis + chain & hook.

I'm not sure though if there is a strength difference, or if its worth cutting into the cable to make the mod. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on it?

welldigger

Unless you have a cable shop that can re-crimp the cable end I wouldn't bother with it.

The little cable clamps you can buy are terrible and probably won't hold up.

Seth_O

Unless you have a cable shop that can re-crimp the cable end I wouldn't bother with it.

The little cable clamps you can buy are terrible and probably won't hold up.
The original clevis has a wedge in it, designed to be field serviceable. I guess I just want reassurance that the existing setup (as the cable came when purchased, pictured above) is not weaker than the stock setup with clevis + chain.

daytonatrbo

The original clevis has a wedge in it, designed to be field serviceable. I guess I just want reassurance that the existing setup (as the cable came when purchased, pictured above) is not weaker than the stock setup with clevis + chain.
Additional parts don't make things like this stronger. Stick with what came on your cable.

daytonatrbo

This week I put new mrap mirrors on my m35. I got my m109 running again with a new lift pump and fuse.

And now I'm troubleshooting an issue with the generator on the m35.

welldigger

How your current cable is set up is about as strong as it gets. All of my cable ends on my drilling rig are crimped that way. So far I have yet to have a cable fail because of an end crimp.

Jeepsinker

rustystud

I reuse the original fittings and just add a tubing insert and a new crush ring.
Is that third picture of a "breakaway" sleave ? If so then just cut out the tube insert and reuse it with the new fitting. If it's the separate type of fitting (fitting-ferrule-insert) then again just reuse the insert and fitting and use a new ferrule.

Jeepsinker

You can't reuse the inserts that are in the old line. They are slightly larger in diameter and won't go inside the air brake line. They will go if you heat the line with a lighter or heat gun, but then the threaded fittings won't slide down over them because it makes the line too large.

drivebymashing

I fixed my fuel sender bad ground problem. Installed new dash bulbs. Installed new seat cover for drivers seat I got from Alphaheaven. Installed new master cylinder cap with remote reservoir.

rustystud

You can't reuse the inserts that are in the old line. They are slightly larger in diameter and won't go inside the air brake line. They will go if you heat the line with a lighter or heat gun, but then the threaded fittings won't slide down over them because it makes the line too large.
I reuse my old inserts all the time. Are you talking about the compression sleeve? You just have to carefully cut off the old compression sleeve (I use a fine blade hack-saw) and then remove the old insert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks