• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

TsgtB

Installed my Curt 15400 (all by myself). I made a wood cradle to put on a floor jack, only had to jack it up a couple of inches. It went very smooth.
My 24v NATO 12 pin to 12v civy converter should show up tomorrow.
With my 8" drop hitch, the ball is about 22" off the ground.
So, I'm almost set up to tow just about anything i'd ever need to tow.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
+Hello Commander Ahab, and yes, I do have alot going on, to include rebuilding engine parts...The fenders look odd because of the winch and tank chain, and tire I took and mounted from Bryces trailer...I hope to have an second stationery M35A2 engine sitting next to this first one, both running ! Here is today's image of what I call engine 5, ( JEEPSINKER /BRYCE ) ENGINE...I will be able to work on it at this height...

Attachments

Took her to the lake yesterday to shoot my new concealed carry. Pops got me a S&W .40 Shield for Christmas. On the way out of the lake bottom I tagged a tree limb with my rear most bow and snapped it :( No damage to my stake or corner though so that's a plus.

SRB1976

Installed new tail light lenses today. The old ones were pretty faded and had over spray on them. Filled up the tires as they were a little low. Also took her for a little cruise today:driver:

24153935816_75f25c50c9_c.jpg

Last edited:

rustystud

Took her to the lake yesterday to shoot my new concealed carry. Pops got me a S&W .40 Shield for Christmas. On the way out of the lake bottom I tagged a tree limb with my rear most bow and snapped it :( No damage to my stake or corner though so that's a plus.
I will have to replace all my bows soon as they are in pretty poor shape :( .

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone ever made their own out of some thin steel tube or channel? My local steel supplier will bend anything I order from them for $10 each bend. It probably wouldn't be the exact size to perfectly fit a corner but you might find something close and it would last forever as long as you painted it well.

rustystud

Anyone ever made their own out of some thin steel tube or channel? My local steel supplier will bend anything I order from them for $10 each bend. It probably wouldn't be the exact size to perfectly fit a corner but you might find something close and it would last forever as long as you painted it well.
I would just try and get the fiberglass ones then. No rot, rust or decay !

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just try and get the fiberglass ones then. No rot, rust or decay !
Yeah I got one of the original wooden bow & staves with canvas cover and end curtains. Got it off eBay for a great price. Crate it came in still had the packing list from 1971! Oh that stench of oiled canvas when I popped it open! With El Niño coming I need to get that wood indoors!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks